Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

LATEST IKEA ADVERT ON THE TELE

Neil

Enthusiast
Not a big TV fan myself, but the latest IKEA ad. caught my eye yesterday evening. Or it may have been on there for ages and
I was unaware.
Very brief shots of red R4.
Clearly intended to boost sales of their Scandinavian furniture.

BUT WHAT EFFECT IS IT GOING TO HAVE ON RENAULT 4 VALUES??

5-4-3-2-1 ..... we have lift-off !!6899232.jpg

Neil, Yes I watched it last night and it's on YouTube as 'Wonderfuleveryday'. Quite a nice advert. I wonder where it was filmed? Australia perhaps? I couldn't see the R4s registration number.

Australia?
Can't be the one for sale in South Wales then.....

Unless that's New South Wales ??

Well spotted Paul.

Well I was trying to pick up clues such as where the racing circuit was and the countryside. There's probably a storyline on the Net somewhere explaining how /where it was filmed.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/campaigns/wonderfuleveryday.html

Elephants so I guess South Africa is where its meant to be based? dunno

Did prices rise when Renault release that Koleos thing then?

Think when Sis had the R4, she would take it to work and park it next to one (She worked at a Renault Dealership)

i noticed thats a fantasy scene too, when they were putting the window into the wooden lodge type building

Still no elephants though ;-) The catchy song is interesting too. Recorded on a tape forty years ago by the American group Penny & the Quarters, and never released, "You and me" lay forgotten until quite recently until it was chosen for this advert.

r4 left hand dive on bbc1 The A Word epp.3 at the very start .nice white one :D and also renault 5 on itv s the secret, not that i watch tv a lot:whistle:

Last edited:
Back