Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

LH & RH side Front Wings

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Does anyone have some surplus front wings for my F4 van please.

I am based in Milton Keynes but willing to travel to collect.

Thanks.

Does anyone have some surplus front wings for my F4 van please.

I am based in Milton Keynes but willing to travel to collect.

Thanks.
They are available new and cheap to buy.

In what way do they not fit ? They will need a little fettling to fit as would any other wing of another car ?

In what way do they not fit ? They will need a little fettling to fit as would any other wing of another car ?
Hi Jonathan
We were going away for a few days so started the posting to see if anything secondhand was available. Having stripped off the old wings i sadly took them done the tip. One side could have been re-used but the other side not.
One side of the inner wing needed welding work whilst the other side just had the old wing stripped off it.
If I line up the 3 top mounting points then the rear angled edge does not line up at all. The gap varies a lot.
I am just back home and will try to take some pictures to illustrate my point tomorrow.
I am sure it will finish up getting rectified but at moment not sure how!!!!!

Picture of Melun wing attached. Tried to show gap varying from top.

• DSC00212 (2).jpg
    DSC00212 (2).jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 4
You will be lucky to get a better fit than that unless you can find some original Renault wings, which is unlikely these days. Installing new front wings really needs everything to be slackened off and pushed and pulled around until it fits. I bolted up the angled flange bolts first and then loosened the bolts that held the inner wings in place onto the chassis rails and the cross member before tightening down the three top mounting screws. You can then tighten everything down again and it should all fit together reasonably well, the only difference being that you might have to shim up the bonnet hinges to get the alignment at the front of the car.

You will be lucky to get a better fit than that unless you can find some original Renault wings, which is unlikely these days. Installing new front wings really needs everything to be slackened off and pushed and pulled around until it fits. I bolted up the angled flange bolts first and then loosened the bolts that held the inner wings in place onto the chassis rails and the cross member before tightening down the three top mounting screws. You can then tighten everything down again and it should all fit together reasonably well, the only difference being that you might have to shim up the bonnet hinges to get the alignment at the front of the car.
Barnfind
Thanks for your comments. Seems very logical way to go.
Regards
Tom

Obtained a pair of secondhand front wings yesterday. First trial fit gave a much better result than the aftermarket ones I had.
Hopefully will get some time today to get things sorted out.

Back