Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

New exhaust wanted.

johnjolly

Enthusiast
Hello all, has anyone a contact number for a 91/2 Savanne exhaust system.

I need part numbers RN251H and RN125T

Thanks John.

I can't help you, John, but which bits are those? Our GTL needs a new centre pipe and rear silencer as both have rusted through. So I'd be grateful for info on those parts too. Thanks.

I can't help you, John, but which bits are those? Our GTL needs a new centre pipe and rear silencer as both have rusted through. So I'd be grateful for info on those parts too. Thanks.
These pipes seem to be getting harder to find.Simon at Renault Reborn was considering having some made .It could be if enough people were interested he could have a batch made.

Melun Retro Passion list them. Der Franzose probably too. Descriptions on those sites tend to be terrible but they have pictures.

Savanne and GTL will be the same as earlier GTLs.

These pipes seem to be getting harder to find.Simon at Renault Reborn was considering having some made .It could be if enough people were interested he could have a batch made.
http://www.r-quatre.nl/index.php?item=&action=page&group_id=20000404&lang=NL

try this link, its a bit of a sod to go through the Dutch site but they seem to have full systems and I have ordered (by phone, they speak English ) from them and they are very helpfull..:) quick delivery and very reasonable postage charges also ...Hope it helps ?

• bits.jpg
    bits.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 1
Hi johnjolly & jjad, i've bought mine in the past from mister auto in France, i tend to watch ebay regularly and occasionally he
has them on offer so i buy them (i probably don't need them at the time) and keep them in reserve, the silencer have been
£20.18 and the front down pipe was £18 36 all delivered free in within four days, if you go on his website they are dearer.

http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/end-silencer/renault-4-112-1-1-44hp_v8603_g3437.html

Alternatively you could try your local motor factors, or maybe contact renault4mad on this forum, he's a motor engineer with his own mail order business, he might be able to help you.

John/jjad

Centre pipe RN251H (Renault 7700757178/Walker 08454/Bosal 934-925): eBay# 380708390411
Silencer RN125T (Renault 7700657465/Walker 01677/Bosal 200-925): eBay# 191220483193

Thanks guys, I ordered the back box from Mr.Auto and local Renault dealer thinks the straight pipe section RN251h is still available as a Renault part. At 5.00 this afternoon he was going to see if the box could be sourced from Renault France, but I've ordered one anyway. May take them both for a spare.
Thanks for your advice. John.

They are not interchangeable and Bosal is way way way better!

If you have a Powerflow agent in your area, probably in Norwich, they can custom build you a new stainless steel system on your car, as you require. As I had fitted a bigger carb to my 1108cc engine I opted for a slightly larger bore system, not a lot, but I'm sure it has improved performance. Sounds good too:)

Last edited:
Fantastic service, ordered back box from Mister Auto on Wed night, delivered this afternoon from France..........
........unbelievable!

Told you he was good, that's why i get most of my stuff from him, also if they sends the wrong item or it does'nt fit he will take it back
and refund you ( provided you hav'nt used it ) he also sends a refund ticket if you ask them (via email ) so no postage charge.

Thanks Cornish I'll give them a go after the summer. Good old Gun Gum is sticking me together for now!

J

Hi Jonathan, of course a stainless system isn't cheap, but if you are planning on keeping the car long term, it's a good investment. As you say, for now stick with good old Gun Gum. Regards Brian.

Hi Brian

Yes thank you.

There is a Power flow agent in Norwich 01603 880060 Have spoken to owner Mark and yes they can help with a Stainless Exhaust.
This may be of interest to others.

Jonathan

pepper wrote: They are not interchangeable and Bosal is way way way better!

Thanks! Garage managed to repair existing join of centre pipe and exhaust, so we have MOT for another year :¬)

shiny_quatrelle.jpeg

I've now bought a Bosal exhaust and just ordered a centre pipe to keep until needed.

Thanks!

Back