Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

New shoes for the little lady

Glad everyone likes them was worried about moving it away from the stock look buy I'm pleased with the results

That gray color of the wheels is fantastic incorporated in rest of the car.

Are those SAVA tires?

It's got Eskimc s2 145/80 r13 came with the rims with loads of tread left, old wheels had 135s on buy these fill the arch better, not driven yet...

It is strange for me to see SAVA tires outside EX Yugoslavian countries.

It is Slovenian brand who was manufacturing tires form the 1950. First for Yugoslavian market and latter for easter europe (Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Bulgari...)
Later GoodYear bought it.

Eskimo S2 was good while new. After few years rubber compound get old and more turn to plastic than rubber aldo plenty of tread. Especially on R4 which is not heavy car and do not wear tires.

Eskimo S3 is much better and very common on roads in Slovenia, Croatia, Bosna and Hercegovina. Not know elsewhere in Europe.
Good on snow (especially bigger snow on the road) not so good on wet, tend to overstear if you are hard on throtle

These are pretty new, had a look and they are available in the UK... Cheers for the info

Slightly off topic, but I wonder if Petak ever sees TRAYAL tyres in his home country? I have a brand new never been used TRAYAL 135/80/13 radial tyre as the spare tyre for my Daf 33. It says: "manufactured in Serbia and Montenegro" on the tyre wall and I wondered if this tyre company was later taken over by a more well-known brand.

My mate popped round this morning and he's a mechanic and thought the tyres are winter ones Eskimc s2 145/80 r13 will investigate

Eskimo s2 and s3 are wintertires.
I tought it was clear from my first post on this topic.

Andrew..... i am aware of TRAYAL tires and they can be seen on roads.
Very popular in Serbia, mostly as have popular prices.
Personally did not drive any Trayal tire.
Not sure but i believe they are still on they one. Nobody bought them jet.

Thanks yes they are sava winter tyres, Ill run them over the winter and then decide if I need to swap them over in the summer, given my low miles I don't think it will matter

I have run the wheels you have on my van for the last 18 months
through summer and winter and done about 5500 miles on them.
They are a good quiet tyre and seeing how much they have warn
they should last a long time.

• Copy of 20160304_100114.jpg
    Copy of 20160304_100114.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 4
Cheers Simon I expect them to last about 10k miles.. And as I only drive it about 3k a year they will last years, the wheels look stunning and makes my r4 look great

Guys, I'm looking for a full set of tyres for the 4GTL and wondered if anyone could recommend any brand? I see Nankang Green Sport Eco-2+ 135/80 R13 70T for around £28 delivered.

Matt

Back