Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Newbie from Kent

Ned Smanks

Enthusiast
Hi all,

Thought I'd do the decent thing and say hello on here before taking full advantage of the forum.

I'm fairly new to the Renault scene I'm afraid, but please don't hold it against me! I am currently on the look out for a F4 or F6 van as a useable work vehicle. At present I have a 1963 Estafette, which I've owned for about 3 years. I've also got a 1965 Fiat 500, a 1965 VW Beetle and a 1972 VW Fastback, though some/all of these will go if I have any luck finding a van!

Thanks.

Welcome to the madhouse
Kent seems to be the hotbed of R4 fans at the moment
Good luck with your search however you have missed off some important information relevant to your search
1 do you own a mig welder
2 are you hoping to drive it from day of purchase
3 budget
4 which front seat you prefer to sit in whilst driving ☺

You are a awake very early this morning BTW

Cheers Paul

Welcome to the forum!

Good luck in your search :¬)

Ned

As said, there are quite a handful of R4s in the 'Garden of England' and if things turn out right, there'll be another in a week or two's time. You should have come along to the Bredgar & Wormshill (or is it 'Bicknor'?) Light Railway a couple of weeks ago when 15 R4s. as well as some vans, came along. There are no regular club meetings in the county, in fact no actual Renault 4 Owners Club, although Clementine's Renault 4 Garage is 'as good as' with lots of helpful advice on here. There are various clubs such as the Renault OC, and others, but if your interest is just with R4 vans, then I guess you are now at the right place.

Anyway, welcome, and good luck in your search for a van. As Paul says so much will depend on your parameters such as welding/mechanical ability, budget and LHD or RHD.

Welcome to the madhouse
Kent seems to be the hotbed of R4 fans at the moment
Good luck with your search however you have missed off some important information relevant to your search
1 do you own a mig welder
2 are you hoping to drive it from day of purchase
3 budget
4 which front seat you prefer to sit in whilst driving ☺

You are a awake very early this morning BTW

Cheers Paul

Thank you.

I did notice a few Kent members on here.

With regard to the missing info;
1. I do indeed, and I'm not afraid to use it!
2. In a perfect world, but realistically I'm not expecting to!
3. All depends on how much I need to use point 1 :) I probably need to do some research into what prices are like.
4. Ideally RHD, but I've probably owned more LHD cars than RHD in my lifetime, so I'll happily take either.

I like to keep busy and find there just aren't enough hours in the day, so I steal some from the night too! Guess that would explain my early posting times yesterday and today :laughing:

Welcome to the forum!
Good luck in your search :¬)

Many thanks :laughing:

Ned
As said, there are quite a handful of R4s in the 'Garden of England' and if things turn out right, there'll be another in a week or two's time. You should have come along to the Bredgar & Wormshill (or is it 'Bicknor'?) Light Railway a couple of weeks ago when 15 R4s. as well as some vans, came along. There are no regular club meetings in the county, in fact no actual Renault 4 Owners Club, although Clementine's Renault 4 Garage is 'as good as' with lots of helpful advice on here. There are various clubs such as the Renault OC, and others, but if your interest is just with R4 vans, then I guess you are now at the right place.
Anyway, welcome, and good luck in your search for a van. As Paul says so much will depend on your parameters such as welding/mechanical ability, budget and LHD or RHD.

I did see the post about the meet on the Estafette page and was very tempted to bring my van along, but unfortunately I got roped into doing some work in the morning. By the time I got done I figured it would be a bit too late. Shame really as it was only about 10 miles away from me and it would certainly have been good to see a few vehicles.

Shame you didn't come along
Derek flavell from renospeed who organised event has just bought an estafette straight from France
He lives in Sittingbourne ? maybe contact him as he may know of something suitable plus you could compare estafettes
If you look in events section there are pics and my video for you to look at

Its a shame you didn't find time to come along as they/we only get together once a year. However if there is a demand, and this was discussed by some of us on the day, I can see no reason why we cannot meet up more often.

Ned, There is currently a Renault 4 van on eBay about £900 at present, and down in Stratford-upon-Avon. Have you seen it?

Thanks for the heads up Paul, just checked it out. Doesn't look too bad.

I've just brought another car this week, so I'm putting my search on hold for a couple of months to give me time to clear out some cars, but I'll certainly watch this one to gauge prices.

And so Ned, what has happened in the nine months since you were last here? Do you live anywhere near Queenborough ? We visited a really good micropub there a few weeks ago. I will be doing some research on the town as I will be organising a guided walk for a group of elderly people later in the year. Always happy to drive over for a chat.

Back