Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Obtaining an UK registration

Tomcat

Enthusiast
I have been doing some basic research on what is required to obtain an UK registration on an imported vehicle.
1. Buy car, say in France
2. Bring car to UK
3.Get car MOT'd
4. Go to DVLA with MOT and French documents
5. Get UK registration.

Question, if one does not have any French documents at all, does the process stall or not?
Can, from the chassis number, one get what it's French registration was?

Has anyone been through this scenario and how was it overcome.

Any comments appreciated. Thanks

Give the DVLA a call. You'll speak to a lovely Welsh lady who will be very helpful and tell you what they need. I've always had a Carte Gris. You will likely need a certificate of conformity if you don't have the Carte Gris.

There is another step - you are supposed to fill in a nova1 form for hmrc as soon as the car is imported.

Give the DVLA a call. You'll speak to a lovely Welsh lady who will be very helpful and tell you what they need. I've always had a Carte Gris. You will likely need a certificate of conformity if you don't have the Carte Gris.

There is another step - you are supposed to fill in a nova1 form for hmrc as soon as the car is imported.

The nova1 form has been duly completed and no tax is due.
I will give DVLA a call. Thanks for the comments.

Went online to DVLA and found an e-mail service section.
One gets sent a PDF booklet - INF106 " How to import a vehicle into the United Kingdom (UK)"
I found that a very clear read.
Am now able to ask specific questions to the seller.

i ill be facing similar difficulties registering my rodeo the renault owners club have said they can help as i have no documents for either car they are authorised by dvla 2 verify the date of manufacturer and its authenticity quite how i was supposed to get a nova certificate when they didn't exist then remains to be seen as apparently there is a £5 fine for everyday past 14 days

i ill be facing similar difficulties registering my rodeo the renault owners club have said they can help as i have no documents for either car they are authorised by dvla 2 verify the date of manufacturer and its authenticity quite how i was supposed to get a nova certificate when they didn't exist then remains to be seen as apparently there is a £5 fine for everyday past 14 days
Paul
That is interesting. I am informed the Renault Owners Club have verified date of manufacture from chassis number on this vehicle.
Could this mean a Certificate of Conformity is not required then?

I am having great difficulty getting a conformity Cert. for my Renault 4, I am told by Renault UK to go to France for this with a English registration document! If I had an English registration document to send them I would'nt need the conformity Cert!!!
Help!!

Back