Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Oil Pressure Light Switch

Tomcat

Enthusiast
In order to get my oil pressure gauge to function I have purchased a 500mm long flexible fitting with the correct M14x1.5 thread.
I forsee it being a big problem to remove the switch, on the engine block and replace it with the banjo connection supplied.
This purely due to limited accessibility both from top and even more restricted from underneath.

Anyone done similar with engine still in place please?
All comments appreciated. Thanks

Hi Tom, I had a high pressure flexy plastic hose made up by a local hydraulics company so that I could mount the pressure sensor for the gauge and oil light switch remotely. I did have to cut a hole in the bulkhead for access however but used sticky back sound deadening material to cover the hole. I'm glad you've managed to get around the problem. Isn't it nice to know what's happening in the engine room.

I purchased CDMA095/3J Remote T-piece Kit M14 x 1.5 Banjo Fitting 0.5M Pipeline off Ebay at £32.10 including postage.
Item No for those interested is 301563862028.
Fitted like a dream except that my hand is not very very slim and so certain areas got scraped!
I am using an electric gauge, which I appreciate may not be as accurate, but better than nothing.

Back