Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Paint codes - I need yours

My F6 has the paint code: blue 423

picture.php

Ronni

Thanks for that one. It's a common colour for the F6 van, but we didn't have a photo until now. I've added your photo.

(Bit of a delay - I had a long weekend away in Scotland).

Hallo der TorNussen! new to this fab 4um are you? Anyways-Welcome!
Wherabouts in Norwayland are you? -R.

Oh, I just sent a mail to you Malcolm, but I see there's a special thread for this too.

My colourcode is 341B:

Click on image for bigger size.

Renault 4 GTL 1984. Dutch.

Thanks for the photo Rutger that's a new colour for the paint code page. I think the B referrs to the type of paint used, but I don't know which type is which.

Do you know the name of the colour? There is one very similar called "Van Gogh Yellow" but I don't know if it is the same one.

It will be great to see photos of your restoration.

Hey Malcolm, nice you posted the picture in the paint-code site!

Unfortunately I haven't got the slightest idea about what the colour is called. I think the colour's name is not mentioned somewhere on the car right? If so, I'll check it ofcourse! Isn't Renault able to come up with the colour names? I'd really like to put this very colour back on the car in the restoration process, since I really started to like it.

Well, anyway, I'll post the restoration once I started it. First the APK (equivalent to your MOT) Friday ;).

The name of the colour isn't written on the car. It's would have been mentioned in the Renault brochures when the car was new, but that's all.

This one is Van Gogh Yellow (but I keep forgetting to write down the paint code so haven't added it to the page). It looks a little darker than yours.

• van-gogh-yellow.jpg
    van-gogh-yellow.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 482
It does look a little darker indeed! But then again, mine may have been faded a little bit from the sun since 1984 I guess ;). But I don't know. The one you posted isn't in first paint is it (in which case it would be in awesome condition!).

Here is 414 metallic blue, 1965. It isn't that metallic really, but very blue. The roof is a home modification intended for Australian conditions, (extreme UV) but that is about to go shortly. It was interesting discovering the paint code stencil sprayed onto the engine bay after removing another old home addition of fouled insulation covering. Diesel dissolved the glue superbly.

• IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 601
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 598
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 598
I think the white roof is very nice, it gives a touch of originality...

Andrea scripsit.

Pale blue from 1974 code 410 ?

Original colour , never painted so may have faded !

• DSC00328.jpg
    DSC00328.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 491
  • DSC00329.jpg
    DSC00329.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 489
Thanks, I've updated the page. We're doing well will the paint codes.

TorboR4 - looks like some restoration going on there - please send a picture when the car is finished - it is easier to see the colour when it is on a complete car.

Color code white 322

Here is a picture of white 322 on a Renault 4 R1123 Plein Air, Sinpar no.563, that I bought some time ago (and sold recently)
Cheers!
1-70.jpg

Last edited:
422 Ardoise

This is 422, Ardoise, a mid metallic blue.

• DSCF1610.jpg
    DSCF1610.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 443
BLUE/GREY 441...sorry sunshine for the first time this week so picture may not show correct

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 423
Back