Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Paint codes - I need yours

10689779_612259505561735_6507218013360875894_n.jpg

Feel it would be best posting to here instead of starting a new thread.

Rene is booked in for paint so the paint guy wants info on paint codes and such. I want the colour to be correct.
He appears to be a common colour as well. Any help guys?

Hello

Assuming this is not an old thread and you posted this past Saturday I'm sure the colour is 604. Zoom right in on the attached photo and you will see the colour way number on a little white sticker attached to the front right inner wing. This tallies with Malcolm's colour charts

Jonathan

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 8
well its an old thread but felt it was pointless startin a new one askin the same question.

Derek said the same as he thought it was a prefect match to his other half's R4.

Cheers for the help, I'll dig out the old inner wings and see.

Oficially 677. Worth a forum search for bumper grey as people have used all sorts.

Official pain code was GRIS MAT 677 (as malcolm already told)
Closest to that paint is STONE GRAY RAL 7030.

I have use it on my bumpers.

Snoopy (colleague from this forum) tested 2 (or 3) RAL codes and this 7030 was the closest to original.

Red cars are notorious for fading after prolonged exposure to the sun, well my red R4GTL spent much of her life 100yds from the sea on the South Coast, so not only sun but salt laden air. Cosmetically my car isn't pretty (to others) and her red paint (Renault 705) is in various shades but today I visited my local paint factor and had a can of 705 made up. What a stunningly bright shade of scarlet the new paint is and the paint man was really worried about the clash of colours. However as I have taken the rear bumper and bumper irons off, it just need to respray the slightly rust rear sill. By the time a new (chrome) bumper is on there, nobody will be able to tell the difference ;-)

Official pain code was GRIS MAT 677 (as malcolm already told)
Closest to that paint is STONE GRAY RAL 7030.

I have use it on my bumpers.

Snoopy (colleague from this forum) tested 2 (or 3) RAL codes and this 7030 was the closest to original.
Here it is

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1
I put together a paint code page a while ago, but the colours were photographed from a paint chart and didn't come out very well. I'd like to replace those colour tabs with pictures of real cars.

If you know the colour code for your car and could post a photo of it I'd be most grateful.

Hi there , I will send a pic of my car as soon as its photographable ,its a 1985 Beige TL.

Do you have the colour spec for the grey painted bumpers please, so I can organise a few rattle cans. Thanks Edwin

Greetings, I am aware we already have a 389 paint code, my 4 seems to have chrome bumpers. We're they issued like this, 389 Arctic White and chrome?

IMG_20170920_103845.jpg

Sanded and painted the plastic pieces with spray paint.
How do I find the exact white color to repaint the car? Is there a color that I could use, or a mixture, if I knew how to make this specific shade I could have it mixed in a shop.

Thank you for your time.

I don't think that the GTL was ever issued with plastic side stripes and chrome bumpers (but I could be wrong of course!), so I guess that the original painted bumpers have been replaced at some point (or chromed).

Yeah, silly me. Just found out there are already ready paints coded 389..

Back