Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 ( Gordini Powered )

STEPHEN ADDISON

Enthusiast
Morning guys ---- Some of you may know i am an American car fan, but in a fit of madness bought an R4 as something to mess with as i had moved house and lost my Yank sized garage. I chose to completely restore it and install a Gordini engine at the same time. Well its now finished and i know you guys love them but i need to get back to my American tin as this foray into French motoring is definitely not for me so it has to be sold and quick.
It has had a complete nut and bolt restoration and a totally rebuilt Gordini engine and box from a Renault R5. It has just been MOT'd for 12 months and taxed and i have hundreds of photos to show its re build. The chassis was professionally separated from the body and restored by Malton Coach works in North Yorkshire and the engine was rebuilt using new parts by C.A.S. Engineering again in North Yorkshire. The carburetor was sent back to weber for a complete overall and every other item was restored or replaced with new stock including all 4 wings, in fact i think i am on the Christmas card list for Der Franzose. I could type for ages on this advert but i think you get the picture that it has had a total transformation. The one area of contention is that the body was coach painted not sprayed so if you are looking for a totally back to original specification car then its perhaps best you stop reading but if you want a rust free quick drive with hundreds of new or refurbished parts then i doubt you will find anything better at this price.
It now needs to be run for a few miles and then have everything checked and adjusted as it has only done 10 miles to the MOT station and back so in truth it has not settled down yet. With a little consideration this could also make a very unusual track day toy. I still have the original engine and gearbox should you want to put this car back to normal and maybe sell the Gordini engine and box or use it in something else.
This project has probably cost me upwards of £8k to complete so if i can get half of that back i will be happy. I have listed just a fewWP_20150818_12_27_55_Pro.jpg WP_20150818_12_28_15_Pro.jpg WP_20150820_12_40_42_Pro.jpg WP_20150826_16_30_50_Pro.jpg bbom 028.JPG nip 003.JPG sale 006.JPG sale 024.JPG viv 011.JPG viv 014.JPG photos to give you a taste of the car. I would just like to thank all of you who have given me advise over the last two years as i could not have finished this without you
If anyone is interested then call me on my mobile 07850025777 and i will do my best to answer any questions.
asking price £4000 or if anyone has a good working vintage tractor of the same value i would consider a swap as my paddock grass is just too much work for my normal ride on mower.

Thanks for looking
Steve

Hello Steve, this sounds like fun and exactly what I was discussing with an enthusiast this morning! I'd love to come up and see the car but it'll take a few days to organise, please let me know when you are likely to be around?
Many thanks. Robin.
07739 256369

QUOTE="STEPHEN ADDISON, post: 57254, member: 3380"]Morning guys ---- Some of you may know i am an American car fan, but in a fit of madness bought an R4 as something to mess with as i had moved house and lost my Yank sized garage. I chose to completely restore it and install a Gordini engine at the same time. Well its now finished and i know you guys love them but i need to get back to my American tin as this foray into French motoring is definitely not for me so it has to be sold and quick.
It has had a complete nut and bolt restoration and a totally rebuilt Gordini engine and box from a Renault R5. It has just been MOT'd for 12 months and taxed and i have hundreds of photos to show its re build. The chassis was professionally separated from the body and restored by Malton Coach works in North Yorkshire and the engine was rebuilt using new parts by C.A.S. Engineering again in North Yorkshire. The carburetor was sent back to weber for a complete overall and every other item was restored or replaced with new stock including all 4 wings, in fact i think i am on the Christmas card list for Der Franzose. I could type for ages on this advert but i think you get the picture that it has had a total transformation. The one area of contention is that the body was coach painted not sprayed so if you are looking for a totally back to original specification car then its perhaps best you stop reading but if you want a rust free quick drive with hundreds of new or refurbished parts then i doubt you will find anything better at this price.
It now needs to be run for a few miles and then have everything checked and adjusted as it has only done 10 miles to the MOT station and back so in truth it has not settled down yet. With a little consideration this could also make a very unusual track day toy. I still have the original engine and gearbox should you want to put this car back to normal and maybe sell the Gordini engine and box or use it in something else.
This project has probably cost me upwards of £8k to complete so if i can get half of that back i will be happy. I have listed just a fewView attachment 19164 View attachment 19165 View attachment 19166 View attachment 19167 View attachment 19168 View attachment 19169 View attachment 19170 View attachment 19171 View attachment 19172 View attachment 19173 photos to give you a taste of the car. I would just like to thank all of you who have given me advise over the last two years as i could not have finished this without you
If anyone is interested then call me on my mobile 07850025777 and i will do my best to answer any questions.
asking price £4000 or if anyone has a good working vintage tractor of the same value i would consider a swap as my paddock grass is just too much work for my normal ride on mower.

Thanks for looking
Steve[/QUOTE]

Morning guys ---- Some of you may know i am an American car fan, but in a fit of madness bought an R4 as something to mess with as i had moved house and lost my Yank sized garage. I chose to completely restore it and install a Gordini engine at the same time. Well its now finished and i know you guys love them but i need to get back to my American tin as this foray into French motoring is definitely not for me so it has to be sold and quick.
This project has probably cost me upwards of £8k to complete so if i can get half of that back i will be happy. I have listed just a fewView attachment 19164 View attachment 19165 View attachment 19166 View attachment 19167 View attachment 19168 View attachment 19169 View attachment 19170 View attachment 19171 View attachment 19172 View attachment 19173 photos to give you a taste of the car. I would just like to thank all of you who have given me advise over the last two years as i could not have finished this without you

Thanks for looking
Steve
Morning Steve, is this a LHD?
can't quite tell from the photos.

Hello everyone, sorry this is a little late, but i have had so much communication on this via the phone with people wanting to view that i feel a little swamped. As it stands i believe the car is now sold ( just waiting a call back ) but as you are all probably aware you never know until the money is in the bank. I appreciate all your messages and if this gentleman changes his mind i will re ignite this and answer all your questions
Thanks again
Steve

Just for your info Kevin the car was LH drive and Jim, yes i did get your message and i tried to reply but it failed to send most likely something i did wrong but at that stage i had 5 people to try and answer all needing info ASAP. so sorry and Robin you could have gladly had a look and a spin round.
Steve

Hi Stephen, shame this isn't a RH drive:-(
I have a vintage Massey Harris tractor 1953 era and I was looking to sell or swap for something interesting.
Great machine you have there, love it!!

Back