Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 GTL 1988 in Portugal

Hi, I'm in Portugal (Algarve) and am looking for a R4: I like the one in Leiria (too far away for me) and I've seen a few on custo justo but pretty rusty. Any other companies/private sellers you know of maybe in Faro?
Thanks!
Too far away for you?
Tunes to Leira (change at Lisboa) just 7 hours by train. Fare for me is €18 one way, but I benefit from senior citizen discount. We go back to the UK for March, but I can collect for you April..... any good?
N.

No my mate, I would not expect you to remove it. Just couldn't make it out from the pic.
At least we have a common interest in addition to the humble Quatrelle.
You keep bees - I collect bees (Piaggio Apes) Ape 》Italian 》Bee
Picked-up these little darlings from Sintra last monthView attachment 17198
My local yard here in SW France has three Apes lying languishing together. Not sure of overall condition as i've never checked them out.

My local yard here in SW France has three Apes lying languishing together. Not sure of overall condition as i've never checked them out.

Thanks Iain,
Doesn't appear to be any shortage of owners who seem willing to neglect their Apes to the point of cruelty. I came across a handful over at Parchal last month, whilst attempting to secure a deal on an Aixim Quadracycle (single cylinder Kubota diesel).
The Apes were beginning to disintegrate, but the garage still wanted a fortune for them.

Hi, I'm in Portugal (Algarve) and am looking for a R4: I like the one in Leiria (too far away for me) and I've seen a few on custo justo but pretty rusty. Any other companies/private sellers you know of maybe in Faro?
Thanks!
Hello Rebecca apologies for the late reply, I do not know of any for sale on Faro as I don't go to the Algarve but I have seen plenty for sale in central Portugal, mainly small private car dealers apart from custo justo have you tried www.olx.pt or www.standvirtual.com ?
The ones I have seen are largely rust free, personally I would search further inland as coastal cars get affected by the sea air.

Hello Rebecca apologies for the late reply, I do not know of any for sale on Faro as I don't go to the Algarve but I have seen plenty for sale in central Portugal, mainly small private car dealers apart from custo justo have you tried www.olx.pt or www.standvirtual.com ?
The ones I have seen are largely rust free, personally I would search further inland as coastal cars get affected by the sea air.

Thanks Neil, really helpful! There are more than I thought! I'll let you know about the Leiria one asap.

Thanks, very kind! I'll let you know asap!
Hello again Neil: I've just bought one in Olhao, not of the standard of the Leiria one, but it's fine for me. Many thanks for your kind offer of help! Rebecca

Hello again Neil: I've just bought one in Olhao, not of the standard of the Leiria one, but it's fine for me. Many thanks for your kind offer of help! Rebecca

Fantastic.
We R now in central Spain. On route 2 Wales. Collecting white Quatrelle 2 return 2 Portugal for annual test. Hope to see you in April.
Cuprimentos,
Lesley and Neil

IMG_0532.PNG Sounds like a great journey! I had to drive back alone along the EN125 from Olhao to Portimao on Monday and that was a wake-up call! The car is going great, very smooth, and everything seems to work so I'll defo stick with this one (1990): my last one was from 1974 so this feels very modern! Enjoy your road trip! Rebecca

View attachment 17853 Sounds like a great journey! I had to drive back alone along the EN125 from Olhao to Portimao on Monday and that was a wake-up call! The car is going great, very smooth, and everything seems to work so I'll defo stick with this one (1990): my last one was from 1974 so this feels very modern! Enjoy your road trip! Rebecca

That's a positive, and ideal for the Algarve as you've probably discovered.
We reached home (Wales) safely, early March.
Back in Portimāo April 10th.
Driving our new acquisition back to UK this week.20170419_162021.jpg

Just have to say that this would be my ideal 4. Love that yellow colour!

Hi Potty,
I'm sure I can speak for everyone on here.
We hope you and your family are safe and well after the recent disasters.

Secondly, have you come-across anything special Renault 4 wise ?

Cuprimentos,
Neil.

Many thanks for your concern Neil.
Well our house survived but lost a lot of land, unfortunately many people we know were not so lucky.

Renault 4 wise I know a special one may be up for sale in a few weeks, I've seen some others so I'll keep my eyes open
and get some details for you as well as some pictures.

As you may know it's olive picking time ( I managed to save a couple of trees!) so I'll let you know in about 2 weeks.

Potty

Thanks Potty,
Heart-warming to hear you're getting-on with it. My partner's nephew had a spread over at Alvaiazere and we were invited to help-out during the olive harvest in 2012. Happy days!
I'll keep a look-out for your news and pics,
cheers,
N.

View attachment 17853 Sounds like a great journey! I had to drive back alone along the EN125 from Olhao to Portimao on Monday and that was a wake-up call! The car is going great, very smooth, and everything seems to work so I'll defo stick with this one (1990): my last one was from 1974 so this feels very modern! Enjoy your road trip! Rebecca

When you say "my last one was from 1974", is that the one featured on this forum sold from Finchley in the summer of 2010?
Regards, Lesley (I was meant to ask you yesterday, but it went clean out of my head)

Back