Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Rear door seal

Paul Narramore

pre-moderated
I mean the rear door or hatch, and not the rear passenger doors. I am looking for a rear door seal for my 1986 GTL. Am I right in presuming that the rear door seal is a different shape/profile than the passenger doors which come on lengths? I have struggled navigating around the der Franzose and Melun Retro Passion websites but I can't locate any on there. Perhaps we are mixing up the rear door/back door/rear hatch translation? The passenger door seals are on the der Franzose website but not (apparently) the rear door seal.

Franzose do do em as Ive bought one together with the lower 90deg corners

Thanks Jonathan, I couldn't find it in their online catalogue. Mind you I've always coped better with real paper catalogues. Viewing stuff online, I seem to go cross eyed. Err, what 'lower 90deg corners'? Isn't the rear hatch rubber seal one piece (ie a large square)?

Actually I seem to remember not being able to find it either. But when I phoned them they knew straight away.

From memory (mine are packed away but soon to be fitted) the lower corners are separate . The top section is just a loop

The bottom rubber is separate and has the corners already attached. The loop around the rest joins to it with glue

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 3
Thanks Jonathan. Mr Mick, of this parish, has told me of a local supplier in Ashford. Then to discover the best contact adhesive

I did get some glue from Der Franzose 'Gummi' -something?
But I reckon its the same as Evo Stick

Back