Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 general help

JamesRenaultHelp

Hi there,

Completely new to the Renault 4 world so apologies but I'm just doing a bit of research on the car and it's history for a project.

Can anyone help with the following:

- were they directly sold in the UK?
- Did any Renault 4's have 4x4 as standard or only a certain model?

Any help appreciated.

Yes, and 'a certain model'. A Google search will tell you they were built from knock down kits in all sorts of countries including Ireland. Anyway welcome to this forum, the best forum and source of advice for Renault 4 owners. Tell us about your car, where you bought it, what you have done to it and what you hope to do in the future. Is it roadworthy? Is it rusty? LHD or RHD? Anyway that'll give you a few subjects to think about.

Roadworthy? There is a gathering of R4s on Sunday 30th at Hole Park, Tenterden, in Kent. Are you aware of it? Do a search and all the information is there.

Yes, they were sold in the UK until 1986 I think (compared to 1992 in France and 1994 in Slovenia).

A company called 'Sinpar' converted Renault 4s to be four-wheel drive.

Hi James,

Sinpar made the 4x4 conversions for Renault. As far as I know the sinpars were never sold outside France.
Any 4x4 Renault 4 outside France is an import or a conversion with a sinpar kit.

I'm coming to the Kent meeting with my own sinpar TL you are welcome to have a look.

Regards, Robert

Back