Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 GTL for sale

tedward47

Enthusiast
Time to sell my much-loved R4 (avoiding eBay if possible). I have owned it since 2002 and have kept it as a garaged summer runabout, maintained when needed by fellow R4 enthusiast and mechanic, or have done simple stuff like oil changes by myself. Having too many cars now and wanting a boat, something has to go!
It is a great little reliable runner and is currently on the road, taxed and MOTd (newish MOT, expires 19.06.18).

Unusual extras include Gordini alloys with good tyres (AND standard wheels with good tyres), and the non-leak Britax sunroof.

Common rear suspension trouble was fixed in 1994 (I have the garage receipt). In my early enthusiastic years of ownership I replaced grey bits with chrome, removed plastic door protectors, re-panelled the door inserts in leather, Sony stereo and 5x9s in the parcel shelf (my sons influence!), though speakers disconnected at present.
Speedo replaced a few years ago hence mileage change from 130k to 54k! Various new bits replaced over the years - recent new exhaust front section and bushes for last MOT. Very slow oil leak (a drop a week?) from a seal somewhere - its been like that since I had it.

It is far from perfect and has a few dents and some minor surface rusty bits, heater switch needs replacing, passenger front seat a bit loose, door-shut seals a bit perished, reversing lights need new bulbs, etc, but is a very useable R4 and always get a smile from someone when out and about.
I could say more I'm sure but give me a call on 07815137803 or email at tteltrab40 at live.co.uk if you're interested.

Price? hmmmm... lets say I'd like as close to 2k as I can get, or a bit less without the alloys. Try me!

20170917_181818.jpg 20170917_183101.jpg 20170917_183044.jpg 20170917_182101.jpg 20170917_194122.jpg

Now sold, but not with the Gordinis, so if you would like them, get in touch.
Ed

Hi Rich
Not sure! :dontknow: give me a txt/call on 07815137803 and we'll try and haggle a deal...?! :fighting:
Ed

its already up for sale again on eBay!! I notice the guy I sold it to has undersealed it, fixed the heater switch and generally made it a bit more presentable. Bidding at 1850 at present...!

Back