Renault 4 GTL Light switches

1. Enrico Enthusiast

Hello, I've just registered as a proud owner of a scruffy but solid lhd GTL 1982 . The car has 4 vertical rocker switches to the right of the speedo, the top one which works, is the hazards, but the others are jammed and have no legend on them. They must be the side and main beam switches and I cannot find the dipswitch. I have ordered a Haynes manual but hoped someone can advise meanwhile. Thanks.

2. Cornish4

Cornish4 Le Dazzleur

Morning Enrico. The light switch is on the stalk to your left, and you simply twist it to turn the lights on. Pull it towards you to operate the headlights dip. On RHD cars the other rockers operate the heated rear window and rear foglight. Bottom one is a dummy one. Regards Brian.

3. jonigel Enthusiast

The lights all work on the stalk on the left side of the steering column ,you have to turn it forwards for the lights and push it forward for main beam,it also works the horn.
    The unmarked switches to the right of the speedo are dummies.

David M likes this.
  4. Enrico Enthusiast

Merci beaucoup Monsieur Le Dazzler et Tu, Jonigel, that was the quickest fix ever, all lights working. Headlight reflectors are rusty and peeling so shall replace these in due course. Once again, many thanks.

Cornish4 and jjad like this.
  5. Cornish4

Cornish4 Le Dazzleur

No problem Enrico :artist:

Advertisements
Clementine's Garage
Clementine's
Renault 4 Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles