Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4-Play

Paul Narramore

pre-moderated
Always on the lookout for interesting websites devoted to the R4 and this one deserves a mention as there's a heck of a lot in it.

www.renault4.plus.com

There's a very interesting World Map which lists owners although it, like it's members list seems very much out of date. The last member to register was back in 2014.

Yes, it seriously needs updating but there's a lot of stuff on there. Any idea who created it - a Brit I guess?

My yellow peril on there somewhere
Long before I found clementines and that was a good fewyears ago

I'm guessing that Becky would know who created it as his car has a Renospeed sticker in. Also, the person behind it was at Thenay in 2011 and I do have a vague (very vague) recollection of having spoken to him.

Actually, I think the chap behind the site is Peter Gumbrell. Whether he is a member here or not I have no idea.

Yes that's right Lobster, it is Peter Gumbrell. Peter lived and worked in France, and I guess still does. Somewhere towards the south I believe. Really nice bloke, and I think genuinely doesn't have the time to keep the site updated. It's ok for us retirees, with loads of time on our hands to criticise, but these sites dont run themselves. Im happy to say that my previous 4, Marigold was car of the month at one time.

Though so! I wasn't criticising though, I know more than many how much work keeping a website up to date entails ;).

It's a good site, shame that it is a bit neglected though but good it is still there. Round about the early '00s there were a lot of good Renault enthusiast sites, many of which have vanished now.

Back