Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 vans --(short and long )- can I sit in someones to get a feel for it please

sideslip

Enthusiast
Hi,
In addition to my previous post; I would be grateful at some point in time (no rush)....to sit in and lay down in someone's van! If anyone could help me out with that request; that would be great.

This would be just to get the feel for the length of the van whilst considering my "sleeping options" and "travel options" and possibly "camper van options".

I know from experience of having the Citroen 2CV vans in the past; that even the long van is too short for me to sleep stretched out in; and according to the published length of the van section part; this is the same for the Renault 4.

It is to explore sleeping options; and to see how easy it is to overspill into the front.

I am a "standard" male height of 1.83m / 6 feet.

I just would be grateful to lay in it; sit in it; and just generally look about and underneath it; to see the construction etc.

I am usually around the middle of the south coast; so nearer to me is better for me ....but I realise I may have to travel further; depending where they are.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi there
I have got a customer in brighton who is fairly friendly and does move around the south coast I can text him and ask if I can pass you his number
Pretty sure he has slept in his van on occasions
I do also have some knowledge of the sinpar 4wd setups as sold a F4 van and sinpar R6 chassis in past year
Feel free to find my number on my profile page here

Hi, well we use ours for camping (it's a F6) but most of the time we use a tent but on occasions when it's been p....g down we've slept in ours, we just slide the two front seats all the way forward and there's plenty of room for us, i'm 5' 10" and there's still room at he front and back.

Actually thinking about don't forget the standard passenger seat double folds and will give extras pace
It has also been suggested after I discovered my rodeo has a hinge right on front of runners that it would be a good mod to gain extra sleeping space
As long as it was fixed in the forward position ☺

Actually thinking about don't forget the standard passenger seat double folds and will give extras pace
It has also been suggested after I discovered my rodeo has a hinge right on front of runners that it would be a good mod to gain extra sleeping space
As long as it was fixed in the forward position ☺

Really folds double....but does that still mean it is in the way (ish); it does not get right out the way surely
?
When I looked at the dimensions of the van section I realised I was 20-30cm (I think) longer than the length in the back of the van.
I know from sleeping in Citroen 2CV vans , which are too short also, it is defintiely favourably to have the extra length. (I am 1.83 m tall /6 feet/ or one fathom if you prefer)

But thanks for the information. I must go and do some Renault 4/van studying.

Hi there
I have got a customer in brighton who is fairly friendly and does move around the south coast I can text him and ask if I can pass you his number
Pretty sure he has slept in his van on occasions
I do also have some knowledge of the sinpar 4wd setups as sold a F4 van and sinpar R6 chassis in past year
Feel free to find my number on my profile page here

Thanks may well do when time, I have been away hence delay
I suppose I can always pop to Brighton sometime if he is favourable.

Back