Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault Clio

yoshibonnie2

Help, My clio Reg SP52 has a sunroof and having check sunroof channels the rain is not draining out at the front end down through the rain channels. They appear to be blocked. I can see the problem but not sure how to clear blockage. Two solutions come to mind. Air line through channel holes. or to put something down them thin and pliable to clear them. But I am loathe to do it in case damaging the channel. Renault dealers want a fortune to diagnose the problem and equally another fortune to clear them. Any help would be much obliged. It sound reasonable to be able to DIY.
This is the first time I have joined a forum and not sure how to get an answer or communication via anyone that can help.
Many thanks, Bill.

Normally the pipes are made from a fairly strong transparent plastic about 10mm diameter. The routing is convoluted - there are a couple of sharp bends to make it around the headlining, and they are often squeezed at the bottom by the inner wing mountings.

If you poke something down make sure it is flexible and doesn't have a sharp end. Air would probably work, but try not to pressurise the pipe in case it blows off the sunroof fitting.

Hi Bill,
welcome....
before blowing down with a airline, just have a look at were the pipe comes out behind the front wheels. I have known that end to be blocked with mud and crap which will stop the flow of water...

hope this helps
cheers

Andrew

Thanks Malcolm & Renault4mad. Tried both it wasn't that. But it has now been fixed. Turns out that there was fault in original manufacturer of vehicle. Cheers.

Back