Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

RHS Bendix Caliper Needed

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
My RHS brake caliper is binding again. It is Bendix (the type in the photo below). I don't have the clearance to fit the other type of Bendix caliper where this section is in 2 parts as I am running TL wheels and get a foul.

I think the R4 runs 45mm pistons, and a lot of the other Renaults run 48mm. I can get a piston seal kit from Franzose, but wondered if anyone has spotted any new old stock calipers knocking around.

s-l225.jpg

Hang fire on this - after having the same problem last year it turns out I bought one on eBay. Not sure why it is still in the box and not on the car. Does anyone know what the first signs of madness are? These are just the first signs right? :whistle:

Hang fire on this - after having the same problem last year it turns out I bought one on eBay. Not sure why it is still in the box and not on the car. Does anyone know what the first signs of madness are? These are just the first signs right? :whistle:

Sorry to inform you, but it's already late stage madness at this point....the early stages include R4 ownership ;)

Looking at pic that won't fit r4 as hose comes out wrong angle
Likely to be R12 /5 Gordin 48mm
The 5 g has a banjo fitting to allow hose to fit correct angle

Good point Paul and well spotted. I've attached a photo of the R4 Bendix calliper (RHS) that came off to help me remember next time. I'll keep it to rebuild.

The replacement is the same shape and I fitted it this morning and all is good. It has been a few years since this car made it down to the Kent run as I've always been late in recommissioning after the winter. Hopefully I'll crack it this time.

Should we bring the Rodeos next year?

• bendix.jpg
    bendix.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 4
Back