Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Rodeo 5 encouragement needed

not muc h of an update as i have got ornella in pieces at the back of my workshop so i can't get the rotary wire brush out until that is finished
to answer jonathan's question all the repair sections were handmade By my friend Chris who is local to me
whilst doing my research 4 parts availability i discovered there is A french forum similar to this which covers rodeos and other teihol models

this should be the link which will automatically translated to english
https://translate.googleusercontent...5.html&usg=ALkJrhgXbxlvgOEloX7oVkC12z-og-nSmw

• FB_IMG_1427906733802.jpg
    FB_IMG_1427906733802.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 3
Paul
I found the French site translated very interesting indeed.
Thanks for recommendation.

Screenshot_2015-04-05-20-36-18.png Screenshot_2015-04-05-20-41-00.png Chassis back but I forgo to tell chris I was leaving the bulkhead with him when I coĺected chassis
The bulkhead looks better on the complete rodeo but I too have got bits everywhere to think of stripping a drivable car until I get underway with reassembly
As i've now run out of room the chassis is parked on its side
The star of the NEC has been parked at home for a while and full of bits from the previously stripped one

It's the JUNK CHALLENGE.... My back yard looking more like the
Knackers Yard.

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 3
20150418_153247.jpg 20150418_135747.jpg Not much to report really as need an empty workshop and no customers cars as cleaning chassis creates a lot of dust
Have give it one coat of rust convertor applied with a 4 inch roller to start with
Hoping to turn it over and do the other side soon

Looking great Paul. Wonder if you can get rust convertor that changes it into gold... No more rust and quids in...hmm think I'll patent that

Nope nothing on the tin about gold

• received_10153169988600049.jpeg
    received_10153169988600049.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1
Rodeo chassis first coat of rust convertor:
Another short video just to prove I am making progress
Coming next how to dismantle front suspension and not lose setting no special tools needed
But I will need an assistant or a tripod for my phone to record it

Looking really good Paul. Wonder if it's PU sealer you will be using? That old body had masses of thick sand coloured seam sealer. Womble is the same age but far less

IMG-20150421-WA0008.jpeg Decided to go with zinc primer today suspension can wait till.i finish back end

2015-05-12 18.55.00.jpg 2015-05-12 18.56.10.jpg Not much to report as busy with normal renault jobs before going away for a weeks holiday to turkey
Not a single renault 4 to be seen plenty of R9 and R12 models
First day back to work was used to seam seal everywhere I thought water might get in and paint rear axle in grey primer
Next fun will be working out which bucket of parts the axle mounting bolts are in although in theory I should have 2 sets
I will take photos of rear axle refitting step by step for those interested and create a separate post some when soon
Finally a thank you for every one else with projects underway making sure I try and keep up the high standards of workmanship ☺

Full steam ahead! Looking great. Now teaching myself Mig welding in order to catch you up

As far as brave goes I m approaching it like a giant jigsaw puzzle except I know I will have some pieces left over that's why I have kept one car still complete so I can figure out where the leftovers go
The Talented person who I've got to thank was Chris who has made a superb job of fabricating repair pieces and welding them into place
waiting for some black paint to arrive so it will look more like the factory article hopefully by next weekend I have also got all the nuts and bolts soaking in Coca Cola which seems to be doing a good job cleaning the rust off
the next update will be putting the suspension in which I will cover in a separate post as will be easier to find for others in the future
Again thanks for comments it is nice to know that my typing and photos is a worthwhile effort ☺

Back