Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Rodeo 5 encouragement needed

Annoyingly very little progress at the moment having to fix customers cars
Instead have managed to bolt the engine and gearbox together and found a new petrol pump at the Renault Owners Club Autojumble at the weekend

Nice sunny day for a change so decided it would be a good idea to try rust proofing my chassis using the waxoyl sprayed using my garden sprayer £9 from.wilko using a propane cooker and a metal tray full of water managed to use the whole can so hopefully not missed any bits
Took 3 separate session tipped left and right side's 20150801_145127.jpg 20150801_144658.jpg 20150801_150615.jpg
The plastic Lance was thin enough to slide down the chassis with the nozzle switch locked in the on position 20150801_144529.jpg

Managed to find an hour at the end of the day yesterday to make some brake pipes forgetting that old Renault use English thread brake pipe ends and I only had metric which presented a slight problem as local stockist to order only I walked down to my local MOT station and borrowed there box of obsolete unions
As I hadn't kept any of the old pipes I had to measure the length and indeed the routing of pipes going to the compensator valve after wandering outside and crawling under the donor Rodeo all was clear
I used a length of screen wash pipe 2 work out the length of copper pipe required as it is the same diameter and flexible enough 2 follow the same route for measuring purposes
20150804_184509.jpg 20150804_184322.jpg 20150804_184259.jpg 20150804_184259.jpg
The short metal pipe coming from the compensator to the flexi hose is particularly difficult to fit into place and would definitely recommend doing this before fitting the body I had to do one recently on a customers car and it is not funny as there is very little access and plenty of mud and Rust normally in this area
The front to rear brake pipe I have left until I have installed the bulkhead and worked out how long my pipe I will need to go to the master cylinder

Nice to know that some of what I type is helpful to other people
as you may know I've been working on Renault for a long time so some things I do automatically without thinking but recently have been thinking of others facing the same problems and trying to pass on my knowledge and experience ☺

I'm going to try to remember it ALL

Sheer Genius !

Dave

it is even more difficult if you use steel pipes instead of copper ones as i did. Fingers were hurting me weeks after installing that small compensator pipe because bending tool, that i have, was not much of a help as it have bigger radius

received_10153444910605049.jpeg IMG-20150826-WA0002.jpeg 3 weeks gone by now
more delays on customer's cars have been testing my patience and very little rodeo action worth mentioning
Decided I would go for more cleaning and painting on metal framework which bolts to chassis as then I could make it look like a 3 dimensional vehicle again
Unfortunately the folded metal section under the b pillar was beyond cleaning and strangely not galvanised my welding man will sort that for me but gone off on holiday so more delay
Found more pulleys to paint and bolted the seat support and centre hand bake mount bracket onto chassis
Not sure wether to spend ages cleaning bulkhead and painting it next or fit engine to chassis and see if it runs ok

• IMG-20150826-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20150826-WA0004.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Paul
You need to find a "sugar-daddy" so customers do not become so important:laughing:

Paul it's FAB work , I'm sure we are all interested in your progress and postings. Getting it more 2 dimensional helps with motivation. I will be on to brake pipes soon so reading with interest :clapping:

Have a fantastic New Year Paul and thank you from all of us for all your fabulous advice . Looking forward to some fun R4 action in the new year :drunk::clapping:

Paul, So THAT'S what a Rodeo 5 is. We were on holiday in Jard on the west coast of France thirty or more years ago, when I saw and photographed one of these. I didn't recognise it then but I do now. Same brown/green colours too. I know nothing about them.

20170309_132730.jpg 20170309_132800.jpg 20170309_145213.jpg 20170309_145540.jpg Well not much to report can't believei how long ago I last posted update
Needed to put new racking in the space my chassis has been sitting which meant moving it a short distance to a storage lockup
Hopefully not for too long

Hey Paul good to see a Rodeo post from you :hug: Hopefully a window will reappear soon for you to get on

Where's the sexy pic of you sat on it with the beret on? :-D

Many years ago, whilst on a family holiday in Jard-sur-Mer in the Vendee, I saw my first and only Renault Rodeo. A fascinating car which I must Google to discover more about it. When were they made, why were they built, and how many?

Back