Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Shock Absorbers

Eoynteenie

Planning an Advent4
In need of new shock absorbers for my restore project. Derek of Reno Speed says the best ones to get are a brand beginning with D that can only be bought from france.

Can you guys help me out?

• Delphi - shock_absorbers_2007.pdf
    53.4 KB · Views: 29
I've just replaced mine tonight and what a difference,

Derek has given me these part numbers, which your post Petak doesn't seem to match. Cheers thou as its a starting point for me.

Front shocks <Delphi performance V01 1383 12>
Rears <V01 1906 12>

Sorry Eoynteenie for misguiding you.

To be honest i have just find that seller and send you link to him.
I did not looked for right socks for you. I did not know which R4 you have.

I tough that you will find right socks for your car in that PDF catalque and than search for them in ebay shop that i give you link

BUt i can see that you have managed

Searching brings me some goods

This listing appears to be for all four, but one part number doesn't match what Derek gave me

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:fr

Hopefully theses are correct rears as they match the p/n Derek gave me

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:fr

also this worries me

En cas de rupture de stock, des amortisseurs de la marque MONROE seront envoyés à la place des amortisseurs de la marque DE CARBON.
Ces amortisseurs sont de même qualité et de monte d'origine, merci pour votre compréhension.

in english

In case of out of stock, the dampers MONROE brand will be sent instead dampers brand OF CARBON.
These dampers are of the same quality and OE, thank you for your understanding.

This true if i do end up with the Monroe instead of the De Carbon/Delphi?

Monroe shocks are OK, but not as good as de Carbon in terms of performance.
Obviously the seller has a stock of Monroe shocks that wants to get rid of and/or sell at de Carbon price. I wouldn't trust such a seller.

Hi there. Another shock absorber brand worth considering is KYB. They make gas shocks for the 4 and are available at your local motor factors. I've found the two that were fitted to the rear of our 4 some time ago now, to be very good. Camping trips to France involving vast amounts of wine being carried don't seem to affect them, the ride is always excellent. The problem with the rear shocks on the 4 is twofold, one, they have to work horizontally, and two, they also have to work in the opposite direction to conventional dampers, ie extension not compression. Not many can cope with this.

Well i've messaged the seller to ask if he has any in stock.

Cheers Cornish, another route to look at I hope

So i got a reply from the rear set and got these guys in the post today.

Down side is that these are comfort and he was selling performance so dunno what to do as I know have the pair,

• 20140814_171841.jpg
    20140814_171841.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 7
Are these "Comfort" Delphi shocks gas pressurised? Can you see a piece of stiff wire holding them compressed?

They say Gas on the side of the box but no wires =/

• 20140814_171848.jpg
    20140814_171848.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 7
10644649_598928996894786_928924005232737630_n.jpg

Ok guys, got a set of performance front shocks from this link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150583620569?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Hi
did you have a link for the other set or did you need to ask for them.
I need a set for my R4F6 van
Thanks

Dave

Hi Matthew
If you can pick them up from Cheltenham, I'm pretty sure I can help - I'll need to check in the garage tomorrow, though.

Hi Matthew
Glad you found some.
Yes, I've got quite a few bits and bobs - are you looking for anything in particular?

Back