Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Snagging bits and bobs

Richnd1974

Enthusiast
So I am back on the R4 now that I have evenings free... couple of niggles.

I need to replace the washer jet as it's had it.. and need to do it before the MOT, has anyone replaced it with a generic one ?

And how on earth to get the interior light apart so I can find out why I have no light.. I am pretty good and finding my way into things but this light is causing me to be baffled.

I'm thinking that I might actually install an electric pumped screen wash just to improve safety, has anyone else taken this approach

interior light easy, just Press in and turn the cover (lens) 1/4 or 1/2 turn either way -R.

Last edited:
Ordered a washer bottle kit from amazon, was about £13 replaced the original washer bottle with the new one mounting it in the same location, ran the new pipe upto the screen, removed the air flap and installed a new twin jet, this was a bit fiddly, the kit only came with a short red and black wire, earthed the black wire and ran a new red one up to dash, installed the supplied red push bottom to the left of the steering wheel on the shelf (I'm left hand drive), ran the live feed back to the fuse box and connected it to the wiper circuit as the pump was very low power. Job done.. Must say it's a lot better than the foot pump and washes the screen a lot better. I've left the foot pump and pipe in place for authenticity... #busysunday

• 20171015_172958.jpg
    20171015_172958.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20171015_173022.jpg
    20171015_173022.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 2
Back