Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

snows going -Finally!

reidalpine

Enthusiast
Hi guys,snow is melting fast over here by now,still cold at night tho' Down to -11C. last night.
Am busy dismantling the R5A-engine I got hold on,looked terrible,but after a wash it seems there
still life in the old lump.
The one thing I can't find any reference to is the dizzy,it's a Ducellier 525028 B //R 230 C 34
anybody know if this is corrcet for the engine? (am thinking it may have been put in there to
make the engine "look" complete....

Checked with 123 ignition NL,but seems they don't have a plug & play version for this engine
(840 7 25) as the axle is too short to fit.They quoted me €625 to have one made up to fit..
-Anyone know a bank that's easily robbed??? :cool:

Finally got the waterpump off it was stuck Solid, I didn't want to break the bolts in the head.
After a LOT of heat :flame: it finally budged to my utter relief!

-Would it be smart to use some liquid alu-paste (like copper-paste) on bolts when mounting new?

I'm looking into where to get parts needed after checking internals,this time I want to make sure
all is A-ok. (got that:A-ok??)
Possibly:
piston-liners
pistons w rings
con-rods/bearings
complete gasket-set
water pump
big-end bearings
etc.etc

I know Der Franzose/Mecaparts/AVPassion/ but there might be other good sources that I don't
know so Any info on such would be greatly appreciated!

Hope you all have a Happy Easter! :drunk:

-Reid.

Ask here: He has everything and good prices. And only postage from DK :)

Hi Reid, sorry I can't help with the information you need, but copper paste would be a very good idea when re-assembling the water-pump to the head.
Very happy Easter to you both, and all of you out there in R4 land, from us in sunny Cornwall. :drunk:

Hello Reid,
According to MR 193 you've got the correct dizzy.
The price for the 123-ignition is in my opinion absurd.
Other resources for parts are unknown to me but maybe an email to http://www.renault-5.net/air-5.htm or this forum http://renault5.super-forum.net/ it's all French site but mighty translate.google will work it out, that's how I do it :)
And good luck with the Alpine engine I'm still searching for the 840-26 or 840-30 ;)
Regards, Joop

Last edited:
Hi Reid, sorry I can't help with the information you need, but copper paste would be a very good idea when re-assembling the water-pump to the head.
Very happy Easter to you both, and all of you out there in R4 land, from us in sunny Cornwall. :drunk:

I thought about copper-paste too,but seeing as I don't know how aluminium would react to copper I thought about alu-paste instead,
Something will be used as I'm tired of broken waterpump-bolts -Reid.

HI Joop-
and Thanx Much for letting me know it Is the correct dizzy-as I couldn't find anything on it.
I'll have a go at the R5-site you mention..
Good luck in your search-I'll let you know if I stumble across info on one. -Reid.

HI Joop-
and Thanx Much for letting me know it Is the correct dizzy-as I couldn't find anything on it.
I'll have a go at the R5-site you mention..
Good luck in your search-I'll let you know if I stumble across info on one. -Reid.
I've quiet a lot of R5 technical documentation in pdf but it's all French when you're interested I could send them by WeTransfer?

WOW Joop! -this Easter is certainly saved! LOTS of yummie info on these-MANY Thanx!!!
PS:wife Not impressed with you, as now any walks and/or other family-related stuff is not going to happen..:whistle:
-I told her you said All of this had to be read immidiately.. -Reid.

Hi again Joop-Easter was lovely interrupted by your info-package ! Lots of useful info and tidbits of mech. tips in here.
It's helped me further along the way of establishing the correct parts so am in the process of ordering some of the parts
needed.
Do you know anyone in the Netherlands specializing in the R5A ? I'm still looking for more sources to be able to get the
parts needed as most of the French sources is out of -or waiting for stock,and there is no timeframe gives as to when..

-If anyone on here has the dual-pipe (down-pipe) even if rusty I need one..This is the one coming from the dual-headers/
manifolds
even an image/picture would help as I havent found one to sess out how it looks.. Thanx again Joop! -Reid.

Hi again Joop-Easter was lovely interrupted by your info-package ! Lots of useful info and tidbits of mech. tips in here.
It's helped me further along the way of establishing the correct parts so am in the process of ordering some of the parts
needed.
Do you know anyone in the Netherlands specializing in the R5A ? I'm still looking for more sources to be able to get the
parts needed as most of the French sources is out of -or waiting for stock,and there is no timeframe gives as to when..

-If anyone on here has the dual-pipe (down-pipe) even if rusty I need one..This is the one coming from the dual-headers/
manifolds
even an image/picture would help as I havent found one to sess out how it looks.. Thanx again Joop! -Reid.
Hello Reid,
Good to read that all the info (388MB :)) was useful and sorry for ruining Easter :D.
As far for The Netherlands, there is the R5 ClubCinq with forum http://forum.clubcinq.nl/ all is in Dutch, but when spoken it sounds Norwegian (ehhh after a couple of beers ... ;))
Other resources maybe Leboncoin in France, and Ebay ?
You might send an email to Jan-Willem from R-Quatre maybe he knows some resources. https://renault4.securearea.eu/Webwinkel-Page-1316773/Contact.html
I know it takes a lot of time when searching for parts but in the end you'll find them. It took me 18 months searching for De Carbon Performance shocks, and in the end I had them in mint condition, so never give up searching.
Regards, Joop

Joop-I'll contact both the ones you mentioned above , I agree-Dutch sounds like Norwegian,
as you au after a couple of beers and especially if spiked with some Bols!
-I get the general meaning or description of things by reading it in Dutch,so no big problem.

I've already found some smalls,so am slowly getting there,nice to have a choise tho' as prices
are all over the place on identical parts.. Point is to get it somehow of-course,but an added
bonus if you get it for "normal" money.

-I'm sure I have some NOS DeCarbons in tha garage,not sure Which 4 they are for,but they have
the partsnumber stamped on them (in blue if not mistaken) Not sure they are performance type
Also have the head-light wiper-stuff (special Swedish-edition I think)
I haven't mounted them as I fear they will ruin the ultra-aerodynamics of Roffen :whistle:

They say the fun is in the search-To me the fun is in finding it,but I get what you say.
Thanx again for these tips Joop -Reid.

Back