Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

The world's ugliest cars

La Poste

Enthusiast
Someone said to me the other day that they would quite like R4s if they weren't quite so ugly! Ugly indeed - they're cute and cuddly! Anyway, it got me thinking about ugly cars, and which is the world's ugliest car... I'm sure I could come up with a shortlist of at least 100 candidates, but as a starter I'd like to nominate the 1958 Lincoln - feast your eyes on the picture below! Can anyone think of anything uglier?

58cont_cpe_frt_576.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
SSangyong Musso and Rodius

Hyundai Atoz

Suzuki Wagon R

BMW 3 series (new)

Tricky question ! as the ugly cars normally have the most outrageous styling and have a short production run so the rarity of them and styling can grow on you over time.Take the Fiat Multipla built about 4 years ago and quicky given a bland facelift.These are great looking and i predict will be sought after classic very soon.
The Ugly list above is justified apart from the Lincoln [Love that one] .A few condender from me is Triumph Herald estate , Toyota MR2 [mark 1 version] and of course the Reliant Scimitar and Robin.

I loved the Mulitpla. It looked completely unlike any other MPV, and not like a van at all. It was (and is) a great car too

I forgot, the Chrysler Aztec is horrible.

Look at this website http://www.uglycars.co.uk

The Renault 4 received three brown paper bags

any car that looks original is dismissed as ugly.

I do not like the current crop of Renaults. The Megane's design hasn't got enough cohesion, and if it didn't have the strange rear design, it would be bland.

The oddest peculiarity of recent Renaults is that almost universally they have awful cheap-looking wheel trims (especially the Twingo). I think it must be a ploy by Renault so that more customers tick the alloy wheels box on the options list... I think that a top-spec Vel Satis is one of the best-looking modern cars available though.

A really ugly modern car is the latest (facelifted) Citroen Berlingo. If you look at one side-on it looks like two cars have been grafted together at the A-post. There's just no harmony at all between the front (which is hideous and bloated) and the rest of the car (which is just bland).

I just had a look at the ugly cars website, but it wouldn't let me go beyond the first page - probably for the best, as amongst the first half-dozen cars listed were two that I currently own (2cv and Ami8)...

The Stavic looks even worse from the side. Fortunately the SsangYong website has just such a photo on their Stavic page. These guys are serious - as soon as they find out what cars look like they'll take over the whole market.
stavic_main4_210.jpg

Last edited:
58 Lincoln

I respect your feelings about the 58 Lincoln being an ugly car but I myself think it to be one of the all time best looking cars along with the 58 Edsel and all Citroen DS series of the late 60's early 70's.
I think this pink 58 Lincoln is a beautiful car.

I find most modern cars ugly..just because they basically all look like they are from the same mould..& that mould is just like a trainer shoe..pointed at the front & high at the back..most of them you'd be hard pushed to tell them apart if it wasn't for the badge..so ugly equates with bland..just like new build houses in the UK...bland, with mean windows..boring & ugly
without any stylistic commitment.

Back