Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Thenay 2017 -Where to buy tickets? -BE AWARE!!

reidalpine

Enthusiast
Have been in contact with one of the two organizers (Raphael) to get hold of tickets for
this summers event..
Computer says NO! -when opening the official(?)site w3.4linternational.com it is Blocked
by system and tagged as an Attack-site (says site could take over/kidnap your comp)
:o- BE AWARE !!

-Anyone have the correct info? Did you order -and did you get tickets-All ok?? -Reid

You are right. A Google search shows the first three links for www.4linternational.com all come with a warning, so I've gone to their Facebook page (which doesn't have the warning) and asked them what is going on. Tickets can be booked on their FB page by the way.

Quick update on booking for those of us not in France...

You can pay on the gate on the day, price is €25 / person or if you book in advance its €20 / person so saving a few €€€€s for an additional vin rose or two ;)

To book you need to complete the booking form and pay by bank transfer. I have details if anyone wants them, otherwise email Raphael.

By the combination of coincidence and serendipity I can make it to Thenay this year!
I'm looking for advice as to how to best make it work. It will be me, David, with my wife, Kerry.

*3 days is probably too much for our itinerary, let's say one, maybe two at a pinch. Which days are better/best?

*We will have a hire car so we can be located a bit out of the area, I presume. Any suggestions as to where would be a good place to look for reasonably priced accommodation?

*How could we (as English^speaking tourists) identify and meet up with the enthusiasts on this forum?

*What are the must see, must do activities at Thenay ?

*Are there other non car things to do in the area?

*I'm probably looking to buy some parts. I have a friend who will be shipping a vintage motorcycle from England in August. He has offered space in his container. Do you foresee problems?

* What have I completely neglected to say?

Apart from thank you for your replies?

To those forum members in Australia, who post here, I would be willing to try to get parts that you need.

^English as spoken by antipodeans

G'Day (sorry, couldn't resist)

If you are only doing one day then Saturday is probably the best day - it's a three day show although Friday isn't a full day and Sunday seemed a bit quieter last time so Saturday is probably the best day.

For accommodation, there's a good selection to suit all budgets in Amboise which is about a twenty minute drive from Thenay. We're staying there this year as we were too late to book Thenay. Otherwise have a look at Montrichard.

Theres loads of non car things in the area - provided you like Chateau anyway. We went to Chenonceau last year which was very nice and Chambord isn't far either. Chateau in Amboise looks nice too. Its actually a really nice area and theres plenty to occupy you for a few days in the area.

To find us at Thenay, for the last few years Les Anglais have all tended to park roughly together so if you find some UK registered R4s then you've probably found us. Otherwise you can always give us a ring when you get there!

Also, bring plenty of €€€€€€s. There is plenty to tempt you!

Back