Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Thenay 2017? - Where to find information

Niels Svane

Renault 4TL '83, 1B1 845cc engine, Ducellier diz
Hi there :)

Do any of you know where I can find information on the 2017 meeting in Thenay?

I would like to go, and also like to plan ahead and maybe find someone to meet up with down there or to drive along with.

Niels

You're welcome to ride with us. If you drive through the Netherlands. We'll probably gather at the border crossing Galder near Breda in the south.
But no plans have been made so far.

Robert

Website is www.4linternational.com

Be nice to meet people while we are there though, maybe something we need to arrange?

I need to get onto sorting my plans out. Ferry seems first job, either Dover - Calais or Newhaven - Dieppe on Thursday evening I think then drive across on Friday morning. Need to sort accommodation out too as then place we stayed last time is full :(

Yes, I intend to go this year. We've been to two 2CV World Meetings, at Salbris (France) and Aragon (Spain) and certainly the French one was excellent. As we are in Kent, we can get to Dover in 45mins so it'll be good old P&O Ferries for us. I must hunt around for some B&Bs. Incidentally, a week later and it's the 2CV World Meeting in Portugal which I am considering too.

Sounds great if any plans can be made in advance. I have to drive about 1500 km's each way and it seems that the best route for me is through Germany, over Luxembourg, and then through Champagne-Ardenne and Lorraine.
I've looked at the homepage but it seems its not that updated other than the poster for the 2017 meeting.

What is the common way to stay down there? Does the meeting have a camping area?

For me personally I'll be camping (tent style) :)

Hi Niels, there is a big camping area at Thenay, and I reckon most people at the event do camp. The atmosphere there is brilliant, real party spirit. I'm sure once we get into the new year the web page will be fully up and running, and you should be able to book your pitch. For those folks who prefer to go b&b, there are several in the area Paul.

Thanks for the information Cornish :)
It would be great to camp with those from this forum who prefers that kind of accomodation. Then I'll 'know' someone down there :)
Then I'd bring some danish specialities (beer especially).

You are bound to meet some forum members there Niels. Nice to hear that you are getting your priorities right:drunk:

The trouble is recognizing people you only know online. But maybe some sort of common campsite can be arranged with some of the other members of the forum :)
Fun fact: My car is nearly home in Thenay. It was purchased new and driven (98000 km) in Angers, 140 km's from Thenay. Then in '08 it was imported to Denmark, drove 6000 km, then I bought it in '14 and now after 16000 km I have reached 120400 km :)

Not yet :doh: Are you going, all the way from norway Reid?

Haha, normandy would then belong equally to danes and norwegians?
Sadly I can't go on a longer holiday before/after Thenay... The summer is high season for us biologists :) Need to fly drones and map stuff!

I'll keep an eye out for you Niels,If you carry the Danish folk-suit -a pair of grossly oversized wooden-clogs and a light blue w.white striped overall
riding one of those delivery-bicycles with funny small front-wheel complete with tiller-steering -Oh and you have to be semi happy-drunk at 10:00
in the morning sig-zagging in the middle of on-coming traffic I'm sure I would I would recognize you as coming from the flatlands of Denmark and we
would have a 6pack of hand-bayers together ..:drunk: -Reid

To be recognised I have printed on A4 paper the Clementine's Garage badge which I shall get laminated, then placed in the front window. Camping? I'm 70 and gave up camping a few years ago after a lifetime of sleepless nights under canvas, so B&B for us. Our route will be Calais, head due south to the Loire Valley, then find Thenay. Possibly after Thenay we'll head west across the Pyrenees crossing Spain to the 2CV World Meeting in Portugal.

Reid I need to buy both the outfit, clogs and bike then.
The beer/bajer I have ready ;)
No driving under influence though...The renaults suspension makes you feel somewhat drunk anyways.

Paul: Thats understandable. I have this tent that takes under a minut to set up, and hopefully the weather is warm and dry enough that the tent only will be used for sleeping :) A tarpulin extended from the car would suffice for me, but with a lot of surrounding camps its probably best to keep the white buttocks from sight...

Nice bike though Reid:
http://www.veteranposten.dk/FotoWin.asp?Id=240224&imgNo=1
http://www.veteranposten.dk/FotoWin.asp?Id=239043&imgNo=1

nice bike Niels! I think I remember these from when we used to go to Blokhus to get us some of that real cheap Danish beer in the past.
All Very loud & cheerful and the local Plods were totally easy too,so I am told we had a real good time!
-I am sure someone on here will come up with a brill' idea like they did for the 50th.meet were we all had a nice "rallye-plaque" so
was easy to recognize eachother (Or their cars) in the crowd. I'm sure we'll be all ok -if not we have another bajer to fix all.. -Reid.

Last edited:
I am also planning to go to Thenay 2017! In 2015 I had a big oil leak from gearbox two days before Thenay :(. I replaced all shaft seals, hope everything will be OK this year.

Hmmmmm! I have something to think about until spring arrive!

Around 1600km one way from home!

Its going to be a looong trip with a v-max at 85-90 km/h (it will go 105-110 but I wont) :)

Back