Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Thenay trip stickers

ggcton

Enthusiast
I think we better get some winscreen stickers made for Clementine's Renault 4 Garage! How about it Malcolm Gary

That's a good idea - it would be a great shame if we all went down there and then didn't know who each other were.

Another suggestion is to have some sort of name badge or something so we know who everyone else is when we're wandering around.

Malcolm if you could have some done like the left hand side of the main forum banner from the clementine's picture to just beyond Garage that would be good.
Are you coming to the club AGM next week? Gary

That would work for something small but noticeable behind the rear view mirror and as a name/hat badge.

I didn't get myself organised again. I'll hopefully drop in for the AGM but haven't booked a place for lunch. I'll aim to stop for lunch if there's a place.

I like the idea of a sticker.

Although, was the plan that we would meet up somewhere beforehand and go in convoy? If so - and assuming a ferry from Portsmouth to Caen / Le Havre / Dieppe then how about meeting on the seafront at Southsea? Plenty of parking and the opportunity to take the sea air and prepare for the journey to come :-)

Malcolm ring Fred I am sure he could book you in for lunch.
I saw your posting on the club forum I think we at least have to have the debate.
Gary

that looks great.....

I was ordering the 4L magazine this morning and in October's issue there is a bit of information about Thenay 2011. Also lots of pictures of Lohéac 2010.

There is a site here where you can flick through the pages (click feuilleter cette revue).

It seems easy enough to order from www.hommell-magazines.com or by post from SFEP Abonnements 48-50 boulevard Sénard 92210 ST CLOUD.

The cost is 19 euros for a year (4 copies) plus 7 euros postage to the UK. I think it's free postage to France . You can order back copies if you have missed some.

Yes it's an excellent magazine, a good way to maybe learn a bit of French, or just look at the pictures. In the last issue they were offering some 4L Magazine stickers. Talking of stickers, I liked Berserk Gorilla's design for the road-run, anymore budding graphic designers out there? I'm scratching my head at the moment for ideas, perhaps crossed flags in one corner......I know they say about things designed by a committee, but if we have a few ideas, maybe we can put something together. Brian.

I like beserkgorillas, sticker but am wondering how big they will be and if we could perhaps get them made in the shape of the traditional rally plaque styleee??

It would be useful to have some way of recognising each other - would be a great shame to walk past members who live hundreds or thousands of kilometres away and not recognise them.

How about a Clementine badge? About 50mm diameter with a pin to attach it to your t-shirt. It could also be 100mm sticker for the inside of a windscreen. (the attached image is work in progress)

• thenay-disc.jpg
    thenay-disc.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 86
Yes I think a sticker in the style of a traditional rally plaque would be good, perhaps 150mmx80mm. How about having 1961 2011 on it, with Clementine between the years, it could be similar to the way historic-rally plaques are designed. I like the idea of a badge to wear on our clothing, maybe similar to the car sticker?

Haha! Thanks Pepper.

Yes I think that the badge is a very good idea. We do need to be able to recognise each other as we wonder around.

I think another sticker/plaque for our cars is a must. What do you mean by a Rally Plaque? Are they the square ones or am I far off?

It would be useful to have some way of recognising each other - would be a great shame to walk past members who live hundreds or thousands of kilometres away and not recognise them.

Just a thought, but how many of us intend to camp at Thenay? If there are a few of us then it might be nice if we were all together and would also create a central meeting point for all the forum members / those who have travelled from England.

It wouldn't cost much to get a Clementine flag made (I have some long flag poles here somewhere....) so everyone could find us that way.

Like This?

Right, for 15 minutes in Paint, do you mean something a little more along these lines Pepper?

• Rally Plaque.jpg
    Rally Plaque.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 74
Back