Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

towing dolly/car trailer for hire>?

MATTT

Enthusiast
ive been tempted by some more old french tin!

anyone have one they would consider hiring out for the day
pref surrey or sussex collection
long shot i know but thought id ask

obviously id pay and leave a deposit and have proof of address etc

thanks
matt

towing dolly

I have one. Its at presnt in North Kent, 2 minutes off the M26, should pass me by if your crossing at Dover. There is a problem. French law, if they stop you, require the dolly to be braked. Mine isn't at the moment, but I am intending to replace the tow hitch with a braked one off a caravan. You have to, or appear to have done so, attach a lever behind the tow hitch by cable to the handbrake mechanism. Should be easy on a Renault 4, but as long as you have the mechanism sort of attached, I doubt your average french plod, or Le Flic, will bother to get on his hands and knees to check it. Also as the quatrelle is held in huge affection by the french generally, I doubt very much that anyone will trouble you. Regards payment, not bothered.

Regards Tim

towing dolly

I have one. Its at presnt in North Kent, 2 minutes off the M26, should pass me by if your crossing at Dover. There is a problem. French law, if they stop you, require the dolly to be braked. Mine isn't at the moment, but I am intending to replace the tow hitch with a braked one off a caravan. You have to, or appear to have done so, attach a lever behind the tow hitch by cable to the handbrake mechanism. Should be easy on a Renault 4, but as long as you have the mechanism sort of attached, I doubt your average french plod, or Le Flic, will bother to get on his hands and knees to check it. Also as the quatrelle is held in huge affection by the french generally, I doubt very much that anyone will trouble you. Regards payment, not bothered.

Regards Tim e-mail tim1casa@sky.com

Hi there
ive actually gone and bought one but thank you for the offer

also bought a citroen Ami break and towed it home sticking to the b roads and a reasonable speed all went well
ive read they are illegal without a braking method i will have to look into modifing it maybe.

In the UK it depends on the weight - from memory its the same weight limit as for unbraked trailers, you might find the info on one of the motorcaravan websites.

Back