Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Troubles

Hmmm Cornish4 and John, I'm curious about the proof of the colorcode on the front of the right-inner wing and on a smal aluminum plate right-upper side behind de dash on the inside.

Here you are Neil, just for you.

Well done Brian.
Stunning car; heart-stopping chick.
I zoomed-in only to discover that her expression suggests she's complaining about something .....

Ah well, back to the drawing board as they say !

N.

I will check the color code. Definitely the Parisiennes are amazing with great design painting. Unfortunately, I have never seen any. But in this ones, looks black:

• parisienne 01.png
    parisienne 01.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • parisienne.jpg
    parisienne.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1
Hello Gentlemans again...

Today the speed pointer on the dashboard stop and don´t read the kilometers also. I check if the speedcable is engage and notice that´s a lot of gearbox oil leaking right from the speedcable fitting. I´m not sure if the gearbox oil is coming from the speedcable fitting. I put here some photos. The question is, it´s possible the leaking is coming from the nylon bush? And that´s why the speedcable it´s not working? How can i fix it? And how the oil are coming from the speedcable? Someone can help me please, i´m a litlle bit worry.

Thank you.

• IMG_3476.JPG
    IMG_3476.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3477.JPG
    IMG_3477.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3479.JPG
    IMG_3479.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 4
Hello Sutree

I pulled out my speedo cable today and noticed that there is a rubber o-ring at the bottom. Check that your one is still in place. Maybe that's where your oil is coming from.

You have to check that your cable is still turning freely. I know of someone who put the end of the cable in a drill to turn it. Never tried it myself and I don't know which way the cable is supposed to turn, clockwise or anti-clockwise?

Hello Mojobaby

First apologize for my late response.

The last time i removed the speedo cable i didn´t saw any rubber o-ring... Maybe that´s the problem. By the way, the rubber it´s between the nylon bush and the speedo? I talked with the older owner of my r4, a mechanic, who gave me a six month warranty of the vehicle, and he will substitute the speedo, in any case i will check it first and try to find more information about the rubber o-ring, do you have any photo? The last time i checked the speedo with a drill, to confirm that´s not breaked it was anti-clockwise if my memory don´t trick, but you can try in both ways, very slow velocity

Thanks a lot.

Hello Sutree, here's the photo. On my car, there's only one o ring at the bottom, not at the top. But there is no reason why you can't add another o ring if you want, if you have the same system as mine.

IMGP1516.JPG

Last edited:
But I did notice that the top groove didn't go all the way into the nylon bush. Maybe its a groove to fit a special tool to take out the speedo cable.

Hello Sutree, here's the photo. On my car, there's only one o ring at the bottom, not at the top. But there is no reason why you can't add another o ring if you want, if you have the same system as mine.

View attachment 18412
But I did notice that the top groove didn't go all the way into the nylon bush. Maybe its a groove to fit a special tool to take out the speedo cable.

Mojobaby,

Thank you for the photo. I believe i don´t have that o ring on my speedo cable, that´s the reason of the leaking i think. I´m waiting to ear the old property of the car. In any case i will have to search that o ring. I will keep you all inform.

Thanks again for the photo mojobaby, it helps me a lot!

Mojobaby,

Thank you for the photo. I believe i don´t have that o ring on my speedo cable, that´s the reason of the leaking i think. I´m waiting to ear the old property of the car. In any case i will have to search that o ring. I will keep you all inform.

Thanks again for the photo mojobaby, it helps me a lot!

Hi Mojobaby,

Unfortunely the problema was definititly with that nylon gear. It was cracked and the gear box oil was coming out there, and the speedo cable was also broke. So i had to substituted the nylon gear and the speedo. And i´m finally more enthusiastic, i can go now for a good drives, peacefully.

Thank you again for your help and support

Back