Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Two GTLs as a job lot

bobjacqs

Enthusiast
blue.jpg

white.jpg

A change of circumstances has resulted in me deciding to sell my two Renault 4 GTLs. You can see more photos in the Projects thread called A Tale of Two 4s. They are both GTLs with front disc brakes.

Both are partially dismantled. Both were running prior to being laid up a few years ago. The white one was crashed on the way home from the MOT station (where it passed) and has front end damage (The Napoleon's Hat is badly mangled but otherwise the chassis at the front is OK) and the blue one was an MOT runner when it was parked up.

I have removed the body from the white one but the body is still on the blue on. I have removed the seats and doors from both and most of the ancillary parts from the engine bays. Fuel tanks are also out of both and brake lines have been cut/disconnected.

They will need to be trailered away. Both will need some new body panels and both will need welding to the chassis. I don't know whether both can be saved or whether the best course of action would be to make one good one out of the two and sell on the parts from the rejected one.

I want to sell them both as a job lot rather than split them. I have the registration documents for both in my name and they are both declared SORN.

I don't want much for them and would prefer them to go to someone on this forum as I've enjoyed my time on here and with the cars. So, if you're interested and have the means to collect them from DY7 6AF (near Stourbridge, West Midlands), please send me a message. It's not an auction. If I think your offer is reasonable, I'll declare them sold.

Cheers, Bob.

Back