Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Wanted: Renault 5 Monaco, GTX or GTL

ndevlin87

I've been hankering after a Renault 5 for ages, and have finally convinced myself it makes sense! The Campus model though, which most survivors seem to be, is pretty sparse and doesn't really appeal too much. Finding decent high spec versions is proving difficult, so I thought I'd ask here in case anyone knows of a high spec 5 available for sale, or if anyone has one they were thinking of selling.

If you had asked a month ago would of suggest peppers 5 gtx now sold previously owned by malcolm was lovely car
Gt turbo scene tax is taking prices upwards and a good car hard to find now

Yup just sold mine, you missed a good one, wasn't perfect but with a it of effort it could be.

However do not dismiss a campus version, the later ones came with the 1.4 and are a hoot to drive, easier to work on and nothing to go wrong.

I know it's a month or two since the original post,but I am thinking of selling my Monaco.(Brown 1989)

Mechanically it is A1 .New MOT 66k but needs some attention to bodywork.(parking dents on rear quarters and some DIY respray on roof and bonnet ,but no real rust problems.

I am undecided whether to outlay a further £1500 for respray and seat refurbishing which will bring it up to tip top condition ,or sell it on.

Alloys have been refurbished,and recently carb replaced and many other perishable have been renewed.

It has been ,in 2012 ,a CAT C write off but previous owner is disputing this with the Ombudsman and subsequent MOT s have been perfect.

I have had this car since July and have spent over £1000 in an attempt to bring fully back to 100% condition.

I have decided to test the water re a sale,or just carry on and complete the job.

Any sensible offers?

Back