Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Wrecks in France...

Snoopy1974

Enthusiast
This is my new thread where I'm going to show you all the poor cars I can find during my drives... Some of them are definitively lost and will never return on road, but some others could be restored... if their owner would accept to sell them, this is not always the case :mad:
Today I visit 8 villages near home, the pictures show what I found...
DSCF5431.jpg
DSCF5432.jpg
DSCF5429.jpg
Epave R4.jpg

The owner of the TL don't want to sell it; the 2 F4s are for sale 250 € the pair, and the poor 74 is definitively dead...

never see much of this our way. Althou father did get upset when his own saabs turned up on the abandoned Saabs thread.

The inner wings on that last one any good?

Even if they seem to be good, they're totally rusted, or with many job to be repaired...

Another example of what I found these days, R1120 of the 60's:
Malvillers 1.jpg
Malvillers 2.jpg

you walking around on other peoples land?

The majority of the vehicules I find are outside the villages, and here, country, it's allowed to walk across somedoby's land if you just take pictures ;)

But when I find cars in the villages, I look for the owners asking to people I see in the street, and I ask the owners what they want to do with their cars, or if I can photograph the cars.

the farmers here in the uk either wouldn't like it or will have weighed everything in for scrap now after the recent boom.

so the ones in the country...can they be 'salvaged' for parts?

When they are in the country the owners are sometimes ok to leave them for parts. For example, on the blue one that you see above, I asked the owner if I could take parts for other R4s, but there was only few ones: the wipers motor, the "4L" at the rear, and something very intereting, the third side glasses which were half-opened...

Here is another example, but... even I looked for a long time on this R1120 from the 60's I've never find anything to salvage :(
Scey 1.jpg
Scey 2.jpg

its sad that somethings are just throw away able to some people with a lack of care.

I kind of have the opposite view !

Its great to see those cars meeting their natural maker rather than being cut up and turned into baked been cans while still having an MoT :(

(At least components can be salvaged from those rather than being disposed of for being unsightly as they would here)

i'll take it you'll approve that i have a 3 pot two stoke engine in the garden being used at flower pot

Probably :) Things like that are great as curiosities - the common argument I dislike is to scrap it and get a boring £5 B&Q planter as its more aesthetic :)

Makes me think of this place - the only reason anything is still here is its too far to lug the stuff away for scrap!
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=58438 (1950's aircraft crash site - complete with naturally sectioned engines)

I kind of have the opposite view

Me too! I love driving around rural France and seeing this sort of thing!

If I had the time / money / space I'd like to just park something elderly and past it in a corner and spend a few years watching it slowly return to nature :p

Hi everybody,

taken from far few days ago, a poor burnt F4, last time I will ask the owner if I can take photos closely:
Aboncourt.jpg

Today I took these 2 pictures of a pre-1983 TL, parked at this place for about 20 years, the grand-daughter of the owner lives in my village, I asked her if her grand father would accept to sell it... maybe... :rolleyes:
Aroz 1.jpg
Aroz 2.jpg

Another Couple Spotted

Found these two in our village today near Vignols, Brive.

• pictures from France Feb 12 096.jpg
    pictures from France Feb 12 096.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 115
  • pictures from France Feb 12 097.jpg
    pictures from France Feb 12 097.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 114
  • pictures from France Feb 12 098.jpg
    pictures from France Feb 12 098.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 113
  • pictures from France Feb 12 099.jpg
    pictures from France Feb 12 099.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 113