Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Zenith 32IF in R4GTL

uaz04

Due Momianesi
What happens, or doesn't happen, if one simply mounts a 32IF with an adapter plate on the intake manifold from a 28? What if the 28 intake manifold is polished?
In the former Yugoslavia, many R4 and R5s were made, and parts are cheap and plentiful...but only for the R5 series 2. Many folks have put Weber carbs from Yugos on the R4, and claim more power - but others dispute this.
I have been given a new Zenith 32IF, free, along with a spare intake manifold, just to test the hypothesis. Anyone with experience or thoughts?
Thanks,
Michael

The super5 carb may have the wrong venturi orientation...
For the inlet manifold, I know a guy who just enlarged the hole and mounted 2 other threaded bars (the distance between the mounting holes is different)

uaz04 ... look for the "Hennessey hot up kit" on this site ... the thing about the Zenith 32IF as far as I understand it is this:
It was used for the 849cm3 R4 as well as the 1100cm3 R5 using different jets.
You would need one from a R5 (or change the jets) plus some bits and bobs to mount it correctly to gain power on your R4 GTL.

Robert

How can I tell if this one is a Zenith 32IF from R5 Mk1 or Super5?

and now it's more complicated, with this info from Bertl - how can one tell for which application this 32IF was made?

Roughly, 845 engine's carb has the air filter box fixed via one threaded bar direcrly coming out of the carb, while the gtl ones have a plate bolted on the carb with three threaded bars... and carbs from super5 have a support with elastic to hold the plastic air filter like later savanes...

I think carbs for transverse engine applications were named 32IF2.
There should be an aluminium tag on one of the lid screws. there are code numbers on it denoting its use. If you list them here, we may be able to help you if your carb is OK for you.

There should be identification number on every carb that can tell you where it is installed. On witch car or engine.

Something like this on my zenith 28IF
P1010234.jpg

Now that I've had a look at the carb, I doubt it was for a Renault at all - 32ISBH 2. I found references for this carb related to Simca/Talbot...

Back