Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

GTL for sale ROT-FREE LHD project

Food for thought! Well done J.
R4 GTi .... I'll ask my brother-in-law to fabricate a badge for front and rear on his 3-d printer.
Just hope my actions don't breach copyrite law.
That would be something indeed Neil.
I was more thinking of changing the engine, gearbox and reinforcing the chassis.
As I have project nr.2 in mind with an 1400cc Alpine GR2 turbo and 5 shift gearbox.... R4 GTi :D

That would be something indeed Neil.
I was more thinking of changing the engine, gearbox and reinforcing the chassis.
As I have project nr.2 in mind with an 1400cc Alpine GR2 turbo and 5 shift gearbox.... R4 GTi :D

Will this result in the first sub-ten-second standing quarter mile in a Quatrelle ??
Now J ...... THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING !!
N.

Hello Neil , Tried phoning yr number...phone switched off. Left my number .Shall try again later. Jac

OK, thank you for your patience. Sorting-out my internet and 'phone issues as we speak,
Dave

Thank you for your hospitality ! We learnt a lot about the love of Renault 4`s ... Still looking into Bryan`s window issue. Jac

A rewarding experience all-round, enhanced even more by the reliable West Wales sunshine.
Loved the picture of your 2cv Fourgonnette,
N.

Will this result in the first sub-ten-second standing quarter mile in a Quatrelle ??
Now J ...... THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING !!
N.
Hi Neil, with a 1400cc Apline GR2 Turbo...mmm I think not.
But maybe with the R4 Gumball equiped with the allmighty R5 maxi turbo engine (350 bhp to aprox. 500 bhp), THAT COULD BE POSSIBLE! :D
A3gQSFBCEAAwIZY.jpg

Regards, Joop

Can't quite work out whats for sale here
if its a R4 LHD the one in the first pics I'm interested
please let me know

Hi, I'm also very interested and will be returning to the uk from France around 8th May can you please update me
Thanks

Hi, I'm also very interested and will be returning to the uk from France around 8th May can you please update me
Thanks

Hi Mal,
I wish I could help. Quality R4 availability has almost dried-up here in Portugal. Most have been scooped-up by German dealers I believe. My agent near Coimbra went to view a 1986 GTL last week. I suggested that he paid attention to the front foot wells. Sadly, he had to report that there was insufficient metal for him to express an opinion! And the seller wouldn't budge from €2000.

We have a scruffy ultra reliable GTL in Wales. 100% structurally sound. Driven from the Algarve 12th to 17th Jan 2019 with "cruise-control" set at 80 kph. Each litre of Substituto de chumbo enhanced gasoline took us 20 kilometres, which Carol Voderman tells readers, converts to 56 m.p.g. Showing just 133,000 kms, It was our workhorse here for nine months and is now under cover until our return just in time for the Royal Welsh Agricultural Show 22/07/2019. We need the car until late Sept/early October.

Our current runabout here (if you ignore the dinks and the odd scratch) looks like it just left the production line. Sills; boot; tailgate-hinges; all floor; A-frames absolutely amazing. With the oddometer displaying just 86,000 kms, this car would be impossible to replace.

At the moment, this is what potential buyers are up against:

https://www.custojusto.pt/vila-real/ligeiros-passageiros/renault-4-gtl1108cc1sodono1987-18484598#

https://www.custojusto.pt/faro/ligeiros-passageiros/renault-4-gtl-112800-28829758

N.

These two look very nice but undoubtedly are priced accordingly, Still plenty about in Spain if you can live with the car park planish to the body panels.

Back