Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Desp.Needs assistance..(R5Alpine/Gordini)

reidalpine

Enthusiast
HI guys-
in need of spark-plugs for R5Alpine/Gordini (r1223) Atmo-motor.Have checked NGK/Bosch/Champion-Computer says NO..
Also in dire need of spark-plug leads -set of 5 With the plastic or rubber grommets to close at top of "pipes" plugs are mounted in
Ordered pl.leads from Uk (for this motor) -of course the grommets/lids didn't fit..:dontknow:
Any/All help greatly appreciated! -Reid

Hi there Andy, the engine is 840-7-25 1397cc most likely from -79 as that corresponds well with the carb it came with
showed No wear inside ,so reasonable to believe it had only covered said minor mileage.
This will be my second donor engine as other one was badly rebuilt,so thought I'd go braces and belt this time.
(Lots of useful info on this pdf..:clapping:)
-Thanx for the tip re.plugs -Cheers/-Reid.

You're welcome!
Have found a Champion catalogue from 1979 which also gives BN-9Y for the R5 Alpine. Worth double-checking, though!

Have now noted several plugs said to fit the 840 engine.How do I find out if they are hot or cold?
Also, my engine-serial number is 250030163 is the first 4 digits a Type-code ,so actual serial-no
would be 30163 ? -Reid.

The plastic grommets and extensions were sold separately from the plug leads, and they are Renault parts. Hard to find now, just look at their prices when they turn up on ebay...You can find plug leads from other makes, like Bougicord, but they will not include the grommets.
I can find both plugs and leads here if you need.

HI Angel!
Many thanx for your kind offer-However it seems I might be able to lay my hands on the needed bits up here.
The wire-set with grommets I got might be the one to fit 1565cc and/or 1647cc -Reid.

Back