Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

What have I done! (R4 GTL)

It should be same jjad. It is really easy to maintain and still can find parts for it easily.
VALEO is also easy to maintain, just little bit expensive.

TX mojobaby! Maybe someone will dare to repair her/his alternator using this pictures for guidance.
For me personally pictures help allot to understand how this were before dismantling and how should be after putting it together.

That is a very good restoration on the alternator, it's good to see that original parts still can be restored with patience, time, knowledge and guts.
VALEO also has the Ducellier range and by coincidence the VALEO Benelux Service centre is just 1 village away from my home.
Good job Petak

These parts will go well with the complete floor pan that I have ordered this morning from melun retro passion :) petak is the man!
I also got full floor panel from melun ,
But my chassis repair is more patchy and crude :)

Tx Jdew!
Parts are not 100% original but will have to do the job.

Is it possible to by spares at that Valeo service?

Tx Jdew!
Parts are not 100% original but will have to do the job.

Is it possible to by spares at that Valeo service?
Hello petak, the VALEO service overhere only does new components or refurbished complete ones.
It's not possible to obtain small parts for repairing.
Unfortinutaly the modern day garagists only do component replacements instead of digging into component repairs..
Regards, Joop

Yes jdew that is problem.....they are no longer service center but shop who sell new (or renewed) whole device.
I want and need repair parts for it. But unfortunately only replacement parts are awailable for alternators and starters.
Those parts will have to do.
At least parts are not expencive and it is easy to change them.

Just came back home from MOT.

Perfect condition witohut any remarks.

eko test in perfection.
brakes as they should be.

Only warnign about inner driveshaft groomets. Aparently rubber started to crack. Still did not open but might soon so it would be wise to change them before they brake.
made 16911km since last year MOT.
4th year on the road.

Now we are at 213300 km.
IMG_20190218_160340.jpg

Hello everybody!

It has been awhile since i have visited this forum...
Glad that our small community is getting bigger everyday!
Hello to all newcomers since i was here last time!
Hope you will enjoy driving and maintaing your lovely little R4's

Quite busy last few months for me.

My wooden boat project is finally delivered to the happy owner! After few years on hold because of disputes between owner and first shipyard.
And finding second shipyard who will finish it.

For those how forgot or do not have any clue what i am talking about can read more here
https://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-i-done-r4-gtl.3996/page-10#post-45561

Will post few pictures of this beauty.
During test run
IMG_20190510_140141.jpg
IMG_20190510_140253.jpg

In marina waiting for first real sail with owner
IMG-aafc01d13dbb11521c1a277306b60bab-V.jpg
IMG-973eb06284ae067fc5d3577f5b71f720-V.jpg

In navigation
64587864_190901381899695_1949953394772803584_n.jpg

Now that boat is finished i hope to have more time for my R4 who was flawless all this time and need some attention.

But as alway there are some things that bothers me i and i will try to sorth them out!
And off course your help and knowledge is something i am counting on.

Cheers!

I am happy that you like it..

Thank you!

It is old shape (lines) with old material but with modern touch in building and equipment.
Craftsman have done their best and i do appreciate their skill.

Absolutely stunning, what a beauty :clapping:.
I hope this craft is fitted with a Renault marina 688-42 DTR-40 or DTR-50 engine. I'm just curious ;)

JdeW.....only to Volvo D7A TA 127kw@1800rpms

at 1300rpms speed is 8,5kn
at 1600rpms speed is 10,5kn
max rpms are still blocked as engines did not make 100 workhours and first oil change

Finally I catch up with you my friend. My goodness what a fine craft ! As a designer working with wood I understand and appreciate all the effort, trials and tribulations. But hey what a result !

Back