Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Continental r 839-46

Paulmahan

Hey folks,
My name is Paul from Indiana. My interest in this group is for a Continental r engine 839-46 in a 1974 Toro lawn mower. If someone could point me in the right direction to get a few questions answered I would appreciate it. Thanks

I think this has been discussed on here before try doing a search I can't help me on that unless you've got a general question you need answering

I have a constant speed/ regulated carburettor and manifold for a R4 688 engine if you have any interest Paulmahan

I would like to apologize in advance if this isn't the right place to post. I don't want to high jack this conversation and didn't want to start a new post unless I need to but I'm looking for some help. We've had a Toro Groundsmaster for as long as I can remember. Last year my dad purchased another one that needed some work that him and his mechanic buddy have been redoing. They thought they had it complete but they have an oil leak. They need to take the motor apart again but they need a special tool that they have been unable to locate. They have now passed the job onto me to see if I have any more luck. The machine is old so I knew parts would be difficult to locate but this is proving to be more difficult than I though. I've been able to locate everything else they've needed but I'm quickly running out of options now. I'm hoping someone here can point me in the direction of finding this tool or some tips on what to do to get this done.

The specific tool is identified as "Extractor tool for removing the distributor collar". There is a number listed in the picture I have a attached but I haven't been able to locate anything based on this number either. I've also included a picture of the engine tag to help identify as well. The machine is believed to be between 77-79 and has a continental motor in it.

Hopefully someone can help us on what we can do to get this thing back together and running like new.IMG_1229[1].JPG
paperclip.png
Attached Thumbnails
Extractor Tool.png

Hello there,

There is a way to take the distributeur collar out without the illusive extraction tool.

Take the sump off the engine.
Disassemble the oil pump and gently knock the collar out from underneath the engine.

@mojobaby explained this method in his restoration topic.

Back