Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 5 Mk1 headlight help

MaxiT

Hi all,
I have just purchased a mk1 Renault 5 1983 from Spain.
I am running out of time to MOT the car in the UK.
I wonder if anybody has any RHD Mk1 headlamps for sale, or any information regarding modifications that may get me through the MOT with the LHD units installed?
Maybe other headlights that may fit from similar models?
Many thanks in advance

Thank you so much for your reply, I have read that very useful thread also, would this work with these headlights? I realise the R4 lamps are round, are the deflectors in the lens?
Thank you again!

Contact your MOT centre, ask them if the beam is 'Flattened' with beam correction tape, will it pass the MOT, that's what I'd do!
If they say it's ok, you're on a winner, I've done it before, no issues :)

I was thinking Renault 4s with the headlamp fix. Might be worth a shot on the R5 if you grind the locator off the bulb and twist it around a bit while looking at the beam pattern on the wall in front. Could be part of a fix. I hope headlights are available as I have a Mk1 5 as well.

I have a brand-new N/S Valeo Mk1 5 headlight with a fitting for H4 bulbs for sale (and quite a few other Mk1 5 bits and bobs). The headlight will probably need adjusting for RHD cars.20190917_180702.jpg20190917_180714.jpg

The h4 type with 472 bulbs have a different bulb type fitting and can't be rotated
The first mk 1 5 72 to 80 had the round 410 bulbs l like most r4 and same mod can be usec

Hello ;
I got lots of parts for the American Le car and older Renault models . I'm in Florida USA . I have both setting from the R-5 LeCar round & square headlamps set up . Let me know any needs ? we do international shipping . Here are a couple photos of some parts in storage.
Thanks
Renault Source

Hi all,
I have just purchased a mk1 Renault 5 1983 from Spain.
I am running out of time to MOT the car in the UK.
I wonder if anybody has any RHD Mk1 headlamps for sale, or any information regarding modifications that may get me through the MOT with the LHD units installed?
Maybe other headlights that may fit from similar models?
Many thanks in advance

• SDC13870.JPG
    SDC13870.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 2
  • SDC13857.JPG
    SDC13857.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 3
  • SDC13856.JPG
    SDC13856.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 2
  • SDC13849.JPG
    SDC13849.JPG