Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Looking for an f6

mcgarry759

Hi all I'm looking for an f6 with the small rear side windows. Not really to bothered about the state of it but running with an MOT would be best as I want it as a daylie drive as I'm restoring it and setting it up. I'm a bit lost on the side of engine size but looking to transplant a gtl engine into it at some point. I have a budget of about £1500. Does anyone have anything like this or am I dreaming at that price?

It was mainly / only the F4 van which had the smaller side windows, not sure if F6 vans ever had them. And even then only European market models.

You can find either F4 or F6 at that sort of price but they'll be LHD and need work...

Could someone put me out of my misery please, what's the difference between an F4 and an F6? I assume they are both examples of the commercial Renault 4?

The F4 has rounder lines and the same wheelbase and windscreen as the TL and GTL. They first had the Billancourt engine, and later the Cléon.
The F6 (R2370) first appeared in June 75 (along with the R2430, basically an F6 with side windows). It has a slightly longer wheelbase - N/S 2,521, O/S 2,569, as opposed to 2,401/2,449 for the F4, TL and GTL, and a different windscreen. They all came with the Cléon engine (1108cc), some with a compression ratio of 9,5:1 and some 8,3:1 - the latter designed to run on 'Essence' rather than 'Super'.
The name 'F6' actually appeared in 78 - I'm pretty sure the 1108 engine was classed as 6CV in commercial versions - hence the '6'. The same engine was classed as 4CV in the GTL.

F4 top, F6 bottom

PICT0020 (39).JPG
PICT0029 (37).JPG

Last edited:
Back