Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Other projects not R4 related

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
What else has eveyone been up to with all the free time lately?

I've been making some Arts and Crafts secondary glazing that has been in the development stage for years. Cut it out from a lump of wood and found it complicated as the bay window and glass is curved. The angles made my head hurt, but It turned out OK. Got a paid job making a few windows off the back of it.

• secondary-glazing-mouldings.jpg
    secondary-glazing-mouldings.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 3
Still have to do paperwork, VAT return anybody? But boy you should see how tidy the garden is looking....
Can you keep selling any of your stuff via the internet Stuart? Might be able to help out with the software and IT if you need.

Can you keep selling any of your stuff via the internet Stuart? Might be able to help out with the software and IT if you need.
Yes and no, very dificult to market what we do online. Plus I feel that we shouldn't be encouraging non vital online shopping. But thanks very much for the offer Malcolm, its all so worring at present on so many levels...

I've been making some Arts and Crafts secondary glazing that has been in the development stage for years. Cut it out from a lump of wood and found it complicated as the bay window and glass is curved. The angles made my head hurt, but It turned out OK. Got a paid job making a few windows off the back of it.
Sorry, I've glazed over...

Almost finished building my R4-cave, still some planks left to do and next weekend the garage doors.
My hands are itching on continuing my GTL restoration
View attachment 25540
Wow - that is going to look fantastic! Lovely to see some beauty and attention to detail rather than the ordinary.

Is that what you found in the ceiling void?
It's dead cool. The most magnificent ceiling hidden away for 40 years and not too much touble to remove the false ceiling as it is held together with nails and I've got a crow bar. Will definately post photos as I'll be really excited once the silly stuff is gone and everything can be magnificient!

Wow - that is going to look fantastic! Lovely to see some beauty and attention to detail rather than the ordinary.
Thank you Malcolm,
I've been building this garage for 8 months now and the finish is in sight. The house we bought in 2018 is almost restored on some minor interior details left. After the garage the garden has precedence over the GTL restoration as my general commanded.

My wife and I have been reading your The Salutation blog with pleasure, we also love old houses and restoring them in old glory as the former house we sold was 110 years young.

You are doing a massive restoration and what a beauty and history of a building and lucky to find all those old original details, like panelling, ceilings etc. what you're doing is massive and impressive :clapping:

What a great solution - how to make even secondary glazing beautiful ! Great job malcolm.

Back