Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Napoleons Hat Colour

AndrewB

Enthusiast
Does anybody know what colour 'Napoleons Hat' ( that sits behind the front bumper ) is meant to be? Aggie is off to the paintshop in a coupe of weeks for a respray and whilst I have prepped a lot of the bodywork, I have just removed front bumper to see a grey rusty mess behind. Mine is a white TL, so I suppose white ( follow body colour? ), grey ( to follow bumper ) or black ( seen in another restoration) seem to be the options

Cheers, Andrew

I painted mine in same code as bumpers. RAL7060 stone grey
Closest to original grey.

Up to 1984 model year the front crossmember was black like the rest of the chassis.
In 1984 a new manufacturing process was introduced, that joined chassis and body together before they had been painted, therefore chassis and crossmember received body colour. At a later stage, interior chassis parts and inner bulkhead were sprayed satin black.

Up to 1984 model year the front crossmember was black like the rest of the chassis.
In 1984 a new manufacturing process was introduced, that joined chassis and body together before they had been painted, therefore chassis and crossmember received body colour. At a later stage, interior chassis parts and inner bulkhead were sprayed satin black.
Sorry to hijack the thread but was the chassis in gloss,semi or matt black?Thanks

Back