Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

A new book on the Renault 4 in English

Eccles60

First Renault 4 after 40 years waiting
Just to let forum members know that I'm currently writing a book in English on the Renault 4. It will be 96 pages with around 100 colour and b&w images. It's meant as a readable book to cover Renault history and development of the 4 rather than be a reference type book. It will be priced at £14.99 from Amberley Publishing and comes out in the spring and should be available from the usual places. More news nearer the time.

Mark Bradbury

Any chance of a sneaky preview?
Sounds interesting and look forward to getting a copy

Any chance of a sneaky preview?
Sounds interesting and look forward to getting a copy
Very sorry but apart from a few very privileged people helping me get the facts right and ensuring it reads well, the publisher would get upset if it were to be leaked. I'll keep this group updated with progress and the final publication date. Watch this space!

No problem, just wondering if the publisher might show off a couple of example pages at some point.

All the best :)

I know someone who's written a couple of local history books for Amberley

Just to let forum members know that I'm currently writing a book in English on the Renault 4. It will be 96 pages with around 100 colour and b&w images. It's meant as a readable book to cover Renault history and development of the 4 rather than be a reference type book. It will be priced at £14.99 from Amberley Publishing and comes out in the spring and should be available from the usual places. More news nearer the time.

Mark Bradbury
Are you publishing it as Eccles 60 or using a nom de plume ? Need to know how to look you up.

I'll be under my real name of Mark Bradbury.

No problem, just wondering if the publisher might show off a couple of example pages at some point.

All the best :)

I know someone who's written a couple of local history books for Amberley
They might do nearer the time - I suggest you check out their website. They don't get my stuff until mid-late January, so it can't be before then (although they might mock up the front cover).

Sounds brilliant well done
With a nudge from a best-selling motoring author friend of mine who in turn was asked by Amberley publishing, I felt it just had to be done. He was busy with various other projects so passed it along to me (I'd written an R4 at 60 article this time last year for a magazine he edits). It's my first book although I have written technical stuff at work, a few motoring magazine articles in the dim and distant past, and also a few short stories. It seems there hasn't been a specific R4 book other than repair manuals written in English which I find very odd (especially after 60 years).

Put me down for one.
Once I know the details, I'll post them. It won't be available until March / April. Watch this space!

@Eccles60 It looks like it's available to pre-order:

Can't wait to read it :)

Yes, many thanks for your nudge. It was to be published a couple of months ago but a worldwide shortage of paper (like most things) has pushed it back to the autumn.

I've done the last few proofs of the final designs and layouts and it's now ready to go - if I say so myself, it looks great!

It's available from the publisher direct, or Amazon. It won't be available until October 15th (not long now!) but you can order it now.

I'm hoping the usual classic motoring publications will get a copy - or at least a PDF - to review. Maybe this forum could review and (hopefully) recommend it too...

It's coming very soon now! October 15th and I'll certainly be at the October "Gaydon Gathering" evening event on the 11th hopefully with a few hot-off-the-press copies to sign and sell.

Amazon, W H Smiths and a whole host of other outlets (worldwide!) are selling it and most of them will take pre-orders. The publisher is Amberley and they're selling it too. Exciting times!

9781398113350_1_1.jpg

It's coming very soon now! October 15th and I'll certainly be at the October "Gaydon Gathering" evening event on the 11th hopefully with a few hot-off-the-press copies to sign and sell.

Amazon, W H Smiths and a whole host of other outlets (worldwide!) are selling it and most of them will take pre-orders. The publisher is Amberley and they're selling it too. Exciting times!

View attachment 30838
Looks great - best of luck with it!

Please could all of you who have pre-ordered a copy (many thanks) and received and read it, add a review here? Cheers!

Back