Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1966 R4 for sale in Sydney at £15K

722stu

Enthusiast
I spotted this advertised in Octane magazine and did a double-take - not their usual fare and positively affordable compared to some of their other stock at a shade under £15K.
https://classicthrottleshop.com/1966-renault-4/
I see from the photos it was formerly UK registered with a 'new' style V5, so guessing it's not been in Australia too many years. I'm curious - does anyone know anything about it or it's history?

Suspect its this one, which sold via a dealer here a few years ago.
I like to try and keep track of all the early, pre gtl, rhd cars and may be able to dig out more details.
Exporting to Australia is very difficult due to the laws on asbestos. Will have to have the clutch and brake linings removed first.

• 1967-renault-4-AXGXTF.jpg
    1967-renault-4-AXGXTF.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 2
It used to belong to a gentleman called Mark, can't remember his surname, and he attended some Kent runs, ROC events, and he and I had our cars in attendance at a young couples wedding in Devon a few years ago.

I looked back on some old photos - this is from 2007 at Renospeed. Yes, think it's the same car that's somehow found it's way to Australia.
The 1967 car next to it is mine - still owned and going strong
DSC_5683.JPG

£15k!!! For that you could buy a decent car!!!:doh::doh: Seriously you can buy mine for ONLY £12k!!

Back