Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

4L International 2015

Mrs renospeed

My other vehicle is a Moto Guzzi!
Hello All,
I have heard from Chloe that next years dates are Friday 17th to Sunday 19th July. We have already booked our accommodation!

See you in Thenay next year.

Becky

4L-INTER-2015.jpg

Edit - dates corrected and picture added.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on your definition of 'good' I suppose but in 2011 I stayed at the Ibis Budget in Amboise which was clean, cheap and had secure parking although was a little basic. Back road to Thenay allowed exploration of the handling characteristics of an F6 as well :)

I might stay there next year although I might be tempted to stay somewhere a little bit more luxurious as Mrs Lobster is coming and its also a week or so after my 40th so I reckon I'm due a treat!

If anyone does have any accommodation suggestions I'd be all ears too!

Reactions: ian
Camping is the way to get the best of the superb French atmosphere.

We ended up accommodating imac last time due to the awful weather. We had a great time!

Thank you Becky for the info. Not sure yet, camp or comfort of b&b, but looking forward to meeting up with old friends at this great event.

Hi Bobble, I think your van is looking great, and would with a bit of ingenuity make an excellent campervan. Just think about it, no more tents and wet gear. Worth a thought I reckon.

Regards Brian.

That's the general idea Brain, i was quite surprised how much room there is in it also means i have more to bring stuff back lol !
Lobster, if we could get my son's F4 done (but needs quite a bit of work though) we would have red, white and blue !

That's great Rob, there was a chap on the TV this week, he had made a camper out of a Lambretta 175cc trike, so an F6 van conversion should be a doddle for a chap like you. Got me thinking about a white van now. My mate renault4mad has one, an F4, that also needs a bit of work. Wonder if I could persuade him to part company with it.

Wonderful...
It seems that next year too I will arrange my birthday in France. Three times in three years in more than a coincidence.
I'll go camping as usual, I think.

You'll never get Andrew to part with another 4l, look how much he misses the last one he sold!

Last edited:
I think you may be right pepper. It was just a thought. Nah, Marigold will be just fine for Thenay. She just took the trip to Le Mans in her stride.

I wouldn't mind camping for the atmosphere and all but if I'm honest I'd rather stay in a hotel. Plus, I'm 40 a couple of weeks beforehand and feel that I can therefore justify somewhere with moderate comfort after 800 miles in a Renault 4 ;)

Oh, and Mrs Lobster is coming and doesn't fancy camping all that much!

well Lobster your just a youngster then, i'm yours and more half again and i still enjoy driving and we go camping at least twice a month.

Back