Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Advice on vans please

Ian T

Enthusiast
Hi everyone

May I ask please how hard or how difficult is it to source an F4 or an F6. I have been googling and searching away and I think they may be suitable for my purpose, carrying a big dog, all my triathlon gear and sometimes my bike and kayak.

Blimey I sound rather adventurous, I’m not give you a clue I had my coronavirus jab yesterday, hence the day on the settee.

Either way I would have the rear seats out but as it is hard to gauge the size of anything perhaps even the rear of a normal R4 will be space enough. Am I right in thinking that the rear floor area of the R4 is the same as the F4 and the F6 being about 10 inches longer.

Final question please do the vans with the long sliding windows have any special model name.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Andy

That’s fantastic and thank you very much, I remember seeing those posts now but lost in the myriad of reading today. So it looks like the F6 is more suited.

Sit and wait now I suppose, think I would prefer RHD if only because I have no idea of insurance on LHD. My classics are motorbikes.

Thanks again

Ian

Looks like the F6 is the right one for your job, especially for the kayak.
The F4 looks better in my opinion, but the F6 is more practical.

Last edited:
Spot on and thanks, that is exactly how I would like to make it. You exactly summed it up like a pop up.
Plan is to be able to carry kit but also, just share space with tea cup and dog.

On that point do you think there is a way of turning the passenger seat or better still both to face inwards, but like camper captains seats.

Just wondering if anyone has previously done it either by swivel plate or say just lift and turn.
Thanks again

Ian

Looks like the F6 is the right one for your job, especially for te kayak.
The F4 looks better in my opinion, but the F6 is more practical.
Yup think I have to agree F4 looks better, not sure why but given what has been shared F6 seems better for my needs.

Thanks everyone

Ian

The front passenger seats back folds onto base and then tilts to virtical on front two fixing pints ,leaving it in footwell area . You can then already perch yourself sideways on driver seat.You will be very tight space wise for swivells in one of these

Shucks!, Thanks Ian,
Right now I am V-happy with it, when I get it all finished and out of the projects section do hope to feel proud!
Ian

It’s fab sure it will be amazing when you reach the end.

I want one NOW

Back