Réparateur d'automobiles

aging a RENAULT 4 VAN

theoddcouple

I Have Just Been Given A R 4 Van Chasis No R240 9450060

Oval Plate Right Hand Side Bulk Headr2 105

Diamond Plate Left Hand Side Bulk Head Chasis Type 9450060

Engine Plate Behind Coil Type No 690-02

Can Anyone Help To Place An Age On This Van In Advance Thanks

I HAVE NOW FOUND OUT THAT THIS VAN WAS FIRST REGESTERED 30 MARCH 1968 THANKS FOR LOOKING....

Last edited:
Good you've found a date - I was unsure whether the vans and saloons followed the same number sequence. It looks like they don't.

Is the van going to make it back onto the road? The pre-73 vans are much rarer than the saloons, so it would be good to see one saved.

Clementine when the forgonnette was being towed to my place she was started up not bad for a 38 year old left standing in a field for 4 years.as she is 6volt cannot jump start or replace battery just yet. First job was to look her over front floorpan gone chassis seems solid body work under green mold ok rubbers around windows nackerd but still sealing brakes well ?will need replacing just for saftey. Parted her from 4 years of mold wow she s white. is the floor pan the same in vans as the cars resteration poss if i do restore it will be my first of any car.I do live in france so i do have a chance in finding 6 v parts for her an not convert her to 12 v at the moment the jury is still out as to restoring by me. i now know that it has had one owner from new carte gris (log book) carte de garantie and certificat de conformite to prove this.

In case anyone has trouble translating MOH's previous message. (I know I did when I read it through).

When the Fourgonette was towed back to our place it started up, which isn't bad for a 38 year old that had been standing in a field for at least 4 years.
As she is a 6volt I cannot jump start her or replace the battery just yet.
My first job was to check her over. The floorpan has rusted right through, but the chassis seems solid and the bodywork under the green seems OK as well. The rubbers around the windows are knackered but are still sealing. The brakes seem OK but will need replacing for safety's sake.
The paintwork, after being parted from 4yrs of mold - wow! She is still white.
As the floorpan is the same in cars as it is in vans it will be possible to restore fairly easily. If I do restore it will be the first restoration I have ever done. As I live in France it should be easy to get the 6v parts and not have to convert to 12v, if I decide to do it. The jury is still out on whether I do it or not.
The Carte Gris (log book), carte de garantie and certificate de conformitie proves that she has only had one owner from new. They also prove that she has the original engine and is 4CV

If I decide not to restore her myself she may, possibly, be up for sale.

J. (on behalf of A.)

Back