Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Any R4 owners near Birmingham?

RichardDredge

Laydeez and gennelmen,

I've just written an R4 buying guide for Practical Classics and I need to take a few detail shots of an R4 to drop into the text. I live in Droitwich (Worcs) - if you're anywhere near me could you drop me a line if there's any chance of me photographing your car in the next week?

I'm at mail@richarddredge.com

Thanks!

Richard Dredge

You are welcome to pop down to Bedford - there are 6 of various years and states of repair kicking around at the moment which together have most of the problems that Renault 4s suffer.

Even pressure washed the underneath of one of them yesterday.

Thanks for the invitation! Because we'll end up using just three small images, I try to keep these mini-shoots local if I can. But I know the offer is there...

Richard

Clementine said:
Even pressure washed the underneath of one of them yesterday.

I love what gets restored in the UK! :-) Just looking at Bluebell's floorpan, it is in worse condition than the floorpan on my 1964MY spares car (which is never likely to be rebuilt), on that one it is just the floor itself that has rusted through, the actual rails are quite good.......

I've got my own special criteria for deciding which Renault 4 to buy.

I figure all of them will be starting to go in all the same areas, so they'll all need the same restoration work. Just the ones that aren't rusty enough will take more effort to prep for welding (bits just fall off the rusty ones - they are self-prepping). :D

That one hasn't been welded before in any inconvenient areas, so picking off the rubbish repairs will be easy, and the paint and seam sealer have held up very well so most of the rest of the car is immaculate. It'll make a nice car.

Last edited:
Back