Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Autobrocante Festival Loheac

Cornish4

Le Dazzleur
Is anybody on here heading to Manoir de l'automobile at Loheac this coming weekend? There's a big classic car gathering, huge autobrocante and of course an amazing museum. There's always a good turnout of 4Ls, so an even better reason to go. See you there?

Regards Brian.

Brian-wish I was,but no time as of now. (better book room early in the village as they are not plentiful)
have stayed in rooms above the bar/restaurant at the small square Nice and not very expensive
Hope you have a nice time..Also beware of gendarms with radar-guns in the surroundings,these gatherings
are a bit like Christmas for them :whistle: -R.

Hi Reid. Pity you can't make it buddy. I booked a hotel in a nearby town a couple of months ago, only about 10km away, and I'm meeting up with some friends for the weekend. I've been a couple of times before to this event, so I know to keep a weather eye open for the boys and girls in their blue cars :laughing:

Hi Brian ,hope your keeping well,have to pencil in for another year.Dazzle them with your lights.Didn't fancy the tent ? Gordi now fitted with diamond headlining thanks to Derek @ Renospeed and Jo's ride in your R4 at Thenay for the idea.Regards Simon.

Greetings Simon, all good here thank you, trust Jo and you are likewise. Yes, the Loheac weekend is a "must do" event, so maybe next year eh? I'm looking forward to giving the car some exercise this weekend, no spotlights on the roof yet, so no dazzling, ha ha. I camped there once before, it rained and was a bit chilly, and after the damp conditions at Thenay this year I decided it was a hotel for me, with all the usual comforts, including the bar of course. I'll break out the tent next summer I expect though.
I'm glad to hear you managed to get the diamond headlining you wanted, I think it just sets the interior off, nice retro touch, and with my car it goes with the patina:laughing:

Kind regards to you both, Brian.

Just overnighting at Roscoff on my way home and thought i would post a few photos of the event at Loheac. I was in the company of Derek from Renospeed, and his son Harry. Thats Dereks very special R12 in the picture. As you can see we were very lucky with the weather, especially on the Saturday. Lots of beautiful vehicles to see, but sadly a lack of R4 spares for sale in the autobrocante. Not to worry, it was still a brilliant weekend.
Regards Brian. 20171007_114036.jpg 20171008_131734.jpg 20171007_163243.jpg 20171007_155640.jpg 20171007_155728.jpg View attachment 1

• 20171007_160130.jpg
    20171007_160130.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20171007_160641.jpg
    20171007_160641.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20171007_183058.jpg
    20171007_183058.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 5
I met up with Brian Whiteside yesterday and I think he had attended this event over the weekend.
He had obtained an 'original' R4 front wing for 90 euros.
Looks like an event to mark down on the calendar.

Hi Tom, that wing would have been 20 or 30 euros not long ago. Secondhand parts for the 4 are becoming harder to find, and a lot of the new repro stuff is cheap and nasty rubbish.
I got back last night from the weekend, the car ran really well, without any problems.
Now thinking about trips next year:whistle:

Back