Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Battery with tab at bottom for the clamp

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
I'm struggling to find an 048 battery for the R5 MK1 with the tab at the bottom for the clamp. The only one I've found so far is from Banner and is a lot more expensive than all the others.

Has anyone replaced a battery recently who could recommend a brand that has the tab?

I'm struggling to find an 048 battery for the R5 MK1 with the tab at the bottom for the clamp. The only one I've found so far is from Banner and is a lot more expensive than all the others.

Has anyone replaced a battery recently who could recommend a brand that has the tab?
Hi, i did last spring, i'll check which brand it was but not sure if available in UK

Hi Malcolm
A search for 048 batteries on the Groves site comes up with this:
https://www.grovesbatteries.co.uk/Search.aspx?search=048 (L 220mm/W 135mm/H 225mm)

They seem to have the step - there's a diagram under the listing photo here (cheaper too..):

Not sure how good they are, but might be a useful link (worth checking the dimensions as I'm just going on numbers - no R5 to check on!)

The Exide one looks good. I've realised my battery charger is broken (it won't even try to charge a good battery) so I might get away with just buying a new charger. I've ordered one which claims to have some repair functionality so fingers crossed.

The Exide one looks good. I've realised my battery charger is broken (it won't even try to charge a good battery) so I might get away with just buying a new charger. I've ordered one which claims to have some repair functionality so fingers crossed.
My old one had dimensions like: L237 x W127 x H225 mm, with tab in the bottom 45ah (Exide) seemed to cost here 100Eur.

Finally bought a TAB Polar S45JX , a little bit shorter but starts allways extremely good, paid 85Eur -10Euros discount.

Back